program crashes

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

program crashes

Postby kgingerich » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Installed mlirrigation and rain8net plugin last night. Seemed to go fine and I was able to add my 3 rain8net modules until today when I restarted my mlserver. now the plugin won't load with error: VB Err #91 - Object variable or With block variable not set.

Turned off MLServer then restarted and now get 449: Argument not optional:Rain8NetController upon startup and plugin won't load.

Now what? Uninstall/reinstall? None of the WGL config or demo programs are running.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:06 pm

by the way, using MLServer ver. 3.0.513, rain8net 1.0.0.431

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Did you replace the database with the one in the latest installer?

Backup your current (rename it) and reinstall the MLIrrigation Family plugin and the Rain8NetDriver after downloading the latest.

Try that.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:54 pm

Before I read your post I reinstalled the rain8 plugin and was still getting the errors. I then deleted the only controller I had setup which included a rain sensor on zone 21. I then recreated the controller (plus 2 expanders) and it worked fine. Left it running for 5 minutes and restarted MLServer fine.

Then I changed zone 21 to a rain sensor and saved it. About 1 minute later an error popped up "Run-time error '449' argument not optional.

After that i kept getting errors trying to do different things. I then removed the zone 21 rain sensor and it's seemingly fine again.

Seems like it doesn't like the rain sensor zone. No idea why though.

But no, I didn't do anything with the database. Last night I installed for the first time MLIrrigation and the rain8net plugin so I would assume the db is fresh. You still want me to rename and reinstall?

Kyle

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Am I supposed to see MLRain8 in my list of plugins if I installed it after MLIrrigation? I only see MLIrrigation and the rain8net plugin installed successfully.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:50 pm

kgingerich,

I've given you access to the Irrigation beta.

Visit the forum and reinstall all the files and opt to overwrite your database. I'd rather troubleshoot this beta version which is nearly released anyways.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:13 am

ok installed the beta, recreated the zones and turned on a few zones which worked fine. Added zone 21 as a rain sensor and let it sit for a minute and got the following error:

Runtime error '449':
Argument not optional

Then a minute later got:

Run-time error '-2147418105 (80010007)';

Automation error
The callee (server not server application) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. the call may not have been executed.

Is their something i'm missing with regards to adding a rain sensor on a zone? Is it supposed to be on zone 1?

jinksjj

Postby jinksjj » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:15 pm

There is a new version of the Rain8Net driver for MLIrrigation avialable now that fixes this problem.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Updated to the latest plugin for rain8net and added a zone as a rain sensor and it hasn't blown up so I'd say that's a good thing. I'll test it more and post my results but it's working fine so far.

Thanks!
:)

Return to “WGL Designs”