StR-DA9000ES RECEIVER PLUG-INS

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back. Yes all three files are the same. I most made an error somewhere when posting. I've also created a document that shows how to determine the CheckSum and Radio Frequency in Hex for the Sony ES systems. Once you understand the how the checksum is determined the commands are a piece of cake and that includes Zones 2&3.

Now if I could only get the two-way serial to work and setvariables everything would be great.

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:04 pm

BUMP

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:19 pm

Glad to see someone else as anxious as me! :D

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:34 pm

I posted this in the Yamaha Plug-in thread. I just couldn't resist.

Yamaha plug-in is released! =D>

Now on to the next one. . . can you hear the chanting? :-$

It's getting louder! :shock:

SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .SO-NY!. . .

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Please don't forget the sony owners!

Postby mosleyh » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:37 am

Now that the new versions of MLS/ML/DVDL etc. are on the near horizon, questions are being posed around these boards about the availability of plug-ins to control various flavors of hardware.

Please, please, please don't forget us Sony receiver owners who have been asking for a 2-way plugin since January of last year. It's not exactly an obscure brand, so its availability should be an additional selling point for ML.

I, for one, would absolutely be willing to pay for a solid 2-way plugin.

I'm sure that there are many others around here of like mind who have just gotten tired of beating what hopefully isn't a dead horse. . . ](*,)

Mods - you might want to move this thread to the Sony forum while you're at it. . .

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 am

I would love to see a Sony 2-way too and would also be willing to pay. I think that Yamaha, Denon, Sony, Pioneer (who am I forgetting) plug-ins would cover about 85% of the user base.

Davis

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:40 am

Add me to the list for a rock solid 2-way serial interface to a Sony ES Receiver.

Tim

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:44 am

BobL is currently working on the Generic Serial Plugin redesign. He advised that he will be working on the Denon and Sony plugins after that. Inbetween, he has been working on some Cav6.6 plugin updates. He has been real busy but hopefully can catch up soon.
His talent is worth the wait!

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:08 pm

That's providing that Generic Serial doesn't send him screaming off into the night. . . :shock: :D

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:58 pm

I use control AII with my slinke for my Sony DA3ES now, but I would like a plug in too if it was available!

snoots

2 way Sony Serial

Postby snoots » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm

I have been holding off on replacing my STR-DA777ES Slink only receiver until a serial plug in is available. Two way volume control/status for example would be very helpful as my receiver is out of sight in a rack in the basement, Also would be nice to have input feedback available. I am using a slinke to do all the switching of digital inputs. I would like to buy one of the new serial controllable models.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:21 am

smoothtlk wrote:BobL is currently working on the Generic Serial Plugin redesign. He advised that he will be working on the Denon and Sony plugins after that. Inbetween, he has been working on some Cav6.6 plugin updates. He has been real busy but hopefully can catch up soon.
His talent is worth the wait!

BUMP

I know that there's been alot of noise over in Denon-land, but I hope that a New Generic Serial and a Sony plugin are still on the boards. Is the above quote from April still accurate?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:27 am

mosleyh,
BobL wasn't able to finish that development. We have another developer that we are getting up to speed. This will take a while to get either plugin developed for release. We will post an update when there is some significant progress.

rmcclain

Sony Protocol on their website

Postby rmcclain » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 pm

I was scanning Sony's ES website to look at the new STR-DA7100ES (I currently have the STR-DA5000ES) and noticed in their Downloads and Archives section that you can now download their RS 232 protocol. I downloaded the PDF file, but not being a programmer type, I don't have the foggiest idea where to go from here to make a plugin to control my receiver. Shouldn't having access to this protocol make it very easy for Cinemar to develop a Sony plugin now? Hopefully this will put an end to 2+ years of wishful hoping!

R

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Sony Protocol on their website

Postby mosleyh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:18 pm

rmcclain wrote:I was scanning Sony's ES website to look at the new STR-DA7100ES (I currently have the STR-DA5000ES) and noticed in their Downloads and Archives section that you can now download their RS 232 protocol. I downloaded the PDF file, but not being a programmer type, I don't have the foggiest idea where to go from here to make a plugin to control my receiver. Shouldn't having access to this protocol make it very easy for Cinemar to develop a Sony plugin now? Hopefully this will put an end to 2+ years of wishful hoping!

R

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but don't stop your wishful hoping just yet. That protocol has been circulating for quite a while (at least since Feb. '05 on this board). All of the decision makers seem to have Denon, Yamaha or Harmon Kardon gear. :?

It is a change that Sony makes it easily available, though.

Return to “Sony”