TuneIn Radio App Released

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

TuneIn Radio App Released

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 am

A new app for TuneIn radio has been released. TuneIn is an alternate to the existing Internet Radio app providing access to additional sources of Internet based radio streams. TuneIn allows you to listen to local and the world's sports, news, talk, and music stations. TuneIn lets you hear what's happening right now on over 100,000 radio stations globally and enjoy two million on-demand programs, like podcasts, concerts and interviews.

Unlike the InternetRadio app TuneIn stations are browsed in real-time directly from the main TuneIn web servers. The app supports up to 4 unique radios allowing for simultaneous streaming of 4 different stations. All of the sample scenes have been updated to include the new scenes supporting TuneIn radio.

Here are some sample scenes showing TuneIn in action. Let us know how it works for you. For U.S. residents local stations are pulled by zip code. If you live in Canada there are special codes that need to be used to access the local stations. Send me an email with the city you are in and I'll let you know the code to use to access your local stations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Re: TuneIn Radio App Released

Postby AVDCORPNY » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:38 pm

get error switch from radio one to two , it appear to gray the bar and we have no control after that

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:44 am

Seems to work.

A few suggestions:

* In the "browsing" window it appears that the radio stations text is too long so that the PLAY button is on top of the text. My recommendation is to wrap the text so that the text is not under the PLAY button.

* It appears that it is not properly parsing the stream text. It prints text="Long Hot Summer" song_spot="M" and such..

While I can understand why you created a separate application for this, would it not make more sense to combine all musiclobby, Pandora, internet streaming, and tunein streams into one music audio related application where a user can chose from different type of audio/music?

Kudo's for all of the choices, but it is getting difficult to remember what content is available via what application..... I can imagine that the same overall challenge exists for all of the video/movie related products...

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

I had put in a similar suggestion for at least movies a little while ago, but I understand it's a bit of a task to do so. I suggested just showing me ALL movies from all sources - I don't care where they reside. Then if they are in multiple apps/storage location, as which one I want to use. You could also setup a hierarchy, such as always prefer blurays, then amazon, then netflix, then dvd, etc.

Not sure how that would work with music though.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:48 pm

That kind of merging of media sources will not happen in V4. Far too complicated of a task to undertake. Maybe something to consider for V5.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm

I double dog dare you... :lol:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:37 pm

...OK, so the obvious question; When are you going to start down the V5 path?? :D
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:15 am

There are currently no plans to start any V5 development. Too many V4 items still in the queue.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:46 pm

no getting music information or music cover art

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Is the station you are listening to embedding the artist/song information in the stream? Are you seeing artist and song info changing? Not every station embeds this info.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:57 pm

I downloaded and installed the Tunein app and I was wondering if we can ad a custom URL to the app. I was able to add this to the app on my iPad: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WKXWFM.pls, and I have it as a favorite on Tunein, but the only ones that show up are the "stock" ones.

This is for NJ101.5 in New Jersey, if that matters.

Thank you.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:39 am

You cannot add custom URLs to TuneIn. But you can add your own URLs in the InternetRadio app via Content Manager.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:00 pm

CinemarDave wrote:You cannot add custom URLs to TuneIn. But you can add your own URLs in the InternetRadio app via Content Manager.

I have tried adding a few custom URls to the content manage of the InternetRadio app, and I have one that works, one that appears to be playing, as the counter is moving, and one that I get the message of an invalid stream. So I was wondering where is a good source to look up the URLs of radio stations to add them to the app?

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Give me an example or two of a radio station you are trying to get to.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:00 pm

One of them is WZXL-FM, 100.7 in New Jersey.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”