Amazon Prime App Released

Topics for MLServer Applets
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amazon Prime App Released

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm

A new V4 app for Amazon Prime customers has been released. If you are an Amazon Prime customer Amazon gives you free access to thousands of movies and TV shows. This app works just like the Netflix app. You can browse the entire Amazon Prime Instant Video collection on any supported device and then play the movie to any TV in the house using the AVAgent.

To use this app you
1) Must have an active Amazon Prime membership
2) Must install the latest version of MLServer
3) Install the Amazon App and Amazon Driver on the server
4) Update the AVAgent on all playback devices
5) Then define the AV Family devices.

The MainLobby sample scenes and the iPad and Android web apps have been updated to provide new scenes for browsing and control of the Amazon player via the AVAgent. Just like Netfilx the Amazon player is a Silverlight app that runs in an instance of Internet Explorer running in kiosk mode.

This is the initial release. There will probably be bugs until more people test. Let us know how it works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Art Dustman
Expert
Expert

Re: Amazon Prime App Released

Postby Art Dustman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I can't get the player to work. Netflix works fine and the status is connected. Looks like the AV agent isn't showing the right session info. Nothing is happening on the AV Agent, though it is logged in to Amazon.

client_session.JPG

family_mgr.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:06 pm

I've got an update in the works for the Amazon app. Wait a couple of days until that is released.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 am

Is this in production yet?
Is there a URL for purchase?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Not yet. I can provide a license and activation to extend your trial. Amazon keeps changing things and breaking my collection routines.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Any additional updates on this? It is looking like we are going to have to switch away from Hulu Plus, as they have closed up development on the desktop app (and even deleted the desktop app from their site.)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Not yet. I am getting closer to an update. As long as Amazon doesn't switch things on me again. Been stable now for almost 2 weeks.

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 am

Any plans to make the carousel web control work with Amazon and Netflix apps?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 am

Yes, they are coming.

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:59 am

Good deal.

Would it be possible for you to add the Custom fields to both Amazon and Netflix tables? I have a table trigger that i have added to the movies table to automatically add info to the custom fields on update or insert. I wanted to do the same for the Amazon and Neflix tables. If i just added the fields myself the corresponding variable is not created.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:44 pm

What kinds of data are those triggers sticking into those custom fields?

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Several different things. I use them in the movies now to be able to display different images based on things like audio format,MPPA ratings,media type,main actor photo. Its not a big deal if you can't add them into these two apps. There won't be as much info i can get from the apps anyway but would be nice if they were there for custom stuff.

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

GadgetGuru69 wrote:Several different things. I use them in the movies now to be able to display different images based on things like audio format,MPPA ratings,media type,main actor photo. Its not a big deal if you can't add them into these two apps. There won't be as much info i can get from the apps anyway but would be nice if they were there for custom stuff.

I LOVE your layout for the movies!!

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Kinda my take on an XBMC skin. The carousel really works great. I think its one of the coolest thing they have added in on the web stuff. Give you more of a feel that is a native app to the iPad. Want to do the same exact thing for the Amazon and Netflix Apps. So they all have the same feel to them.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 pm

A new version of the Amazon app is now available for download. This is a major refresh of the application. Some of the new features is the ability to filter by theme as well as genre. Also, Amazon provides a lot of their media in High-Def format. When you select an item for playback you will now see SD and HD playback options when available. If you have the bandwidth the HD stream will give you the best results. Also the AV Agent has been upgraded to be compatible with the latest Amazon pop-out player. If you are an Amazon Prime member then give this app a test drive.

You will need to make sure you
1) Install the latest version of MLServer
2) Install the latest version of the Amazon Prime app
3) Install the latest version of the AV Agent on all your playback devices
4) Make sure the Amazon Driver is installed and your Amazon devices are defined in Family Manager

When you restart MLServer go into the Amazon app and Initialize the database then force a Database Sync.
Let us know how it works for you. If you previously tested the Amazon app and your 30 day eval has timed out send me an email and I'll extend your trial.

Return to “MLServer 4 Applets”