mlserver sends command to wrong theatertek client

Post here issues and solutions that relate to MainLobby Server 3
garycarr

Re: mlserver sends command to wrong theatertek client

Postby garycarr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 am

DaveB wrote:The threads are mostly old because the apps work. What is the exact problem you are having now? If you monitor the client service logs on the client machines when you are firing off commands via MLS, you should see the commands being executed at the client. Fire the commands directly from MLS for now; get it working there, then introduce a touchscreen. Take small steps and you will locate the issue. If you are not seeing the commands in the client service log at the client, then something is not configured correctly.

First, I am not trying to use a touchscreen. I am trying to get the server to send the commands to the correct remote client, one of which is the local machine that mlserver is running on. If I define more than 1 remote client (pc running mllobby and a dvd softplayer), mlserver sends the command to only 1 of the remote clients. I can send commands using the override feature under the movie tab or the send command option from the server interface and it works correctly, as long as I define the remote client alias.

Examples:

VLC Examples -

AV.Alias|PlayMovie~MovieFile does not work
AV.VLC1|PlayMovie~MovieFile works as it should

TheaterTek Examples -

AV.<<ALIAS>>|PLAYFILE~<<FILE>> does not work
AV.<<DVD_1|PLAYFILE~<<FILE>> works as it should

Thanks,

Gary

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:36 am

If you are using a brand new install you should make sure your TheaterTek aliases are named TT1, TT2, TT3... TTn. All of the other software is configured to use these aliases names by default. Then check the value of the server variable {{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}. This should be a numeric value set to 1,2,3,4... depending on the movie zone you want to play the movie in. You will see that the DVDLobby TheaterTek play movie command uses the AV.TT{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}| command syntax. This is how it knows which movie player to use. If you say that regardless of what alias you choose it always plays on the first player it it tells me that you are not using the above naming conventions. You see. If you send an unknown alias to the TT plugin it will select the first player in the list by default.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 pm

CinemarDave wrote:If you are using a brand new install you should make sure your TheaterTek aliases are named TT1, TT2, TT3... TTn. All of the other software is configured to use these aliases names by default. Then check the value of the server variable {{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}. This should be a numeric value set to 1,2,3,4... depending on the movie zone you want to play the movie in. You will see that the DVDLobby TheaterTek play movie command uses the AV.TT{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}| command syntax. This is how it knows which movie player to use. If you say that regardless of what alias you choose it always plays on the first player it it tells me that you are not using the above naming conventions. You see. If you send an unknown alias to the TT plugin it will select the first player in the list by default.

Ok, I have looked at the server variables and I don't see any variables with activeplayer in them. I will manually add one and see if that works. What is the movie zone?

Thanks,

Gary

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Movie Zone = Location Movie Plays in usually defined by the cycle state named "MovieZones"

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:53 pm

I have tried adding the media_clientname_activeplayer server variable but after I save it and restart mlserver it gets removed.

Are there any how-to docs for setting up remote clients other than the wiki or some kind of schema that explains the step by step process of how the software works?

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok, I have realized that the remote mainlobby client must be running for the media_clientname_activeplayer variable to show up however they are both showing up as 1. Is that how it should be or should that number be unique, 1,2,3...etc? If it is suppose to be unique how do I correct it so that it is unique?

Thanks,

Gary

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:54 pm

The default scenes are all configured to use the MovieZones CycleStates to control the player zones. Look in the MLCycleStates plugin at the MovieZones states. Make your edits here and the default DVDLobby scenes will work without any changes.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am

CinemarDave wrote:The default scenes are all configured to use the MovieZones CycleStates to control the player zones. Look in the MLCycleStates plugin at the MovieZones states. Make your edits here and the default DVDLobby scenes will work without any changes.

OK, under MovieZones I have one line item with a data of 1 and a label of MLServer and the following MLServer Command.

Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer~1!SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~{{server_servername}}

I tried adding another line as follows but that did not work

Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer~2!SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activezone~{{server_servername}}

Regards,

Gary

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Ok, I just loaded the server and a remote client onto 2 fresh xp machines and without changing anything other than adding a movie and setting up the TTx settings in the TT plugin and I am getting the same problem. It will only send commands to the TT1 client.

I'm about to pull my hair out with this software!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm

It takes about 20 minutes to install the software and get it up and running if you use the default settings. Install LogMeIn on your MLServer PC, and the remote client where you want to play the movie. Email me your LogMeIn username and password along with the username/password for the PCs I will be logging into. Once you do that I will remote in and look at your configuration and get it running.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:01 pm

CinemarDave wrote:It takes about 20 minutes to install the software and get it up and running if you use the default settings. Install LogMeIn on your MLServer PC, and the remote client where you want to play the movie. Email me your LogMeIn username and password along with the username/password for the PCs I will be logging into. Once you do that I will remote in and look at your configuration and get it running.

Pm sent. Thanks!

Please let me know what steps you took to fix this. These are not the machines this software will go on. Those machines have not been built yet.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:10 pm

The PlayMovie command associated with TheateTek in the MLDVDLobby plugin had a hard coded SetVariable|Media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer~1 in it. That is why it always played on the first player. I deleted the command since that was what was causing the problem.

garycarr

Postby garycarr » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 pm

CinemarDave wrote:The PlayMovie command associated with TheateTek in the MLDVDLobby plugin had a hard coded SetVariable|Media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer~1 in it. That is why it always played on the first player. I deleted the command since that was what was causing the problem.

It appears that you changed it around a bit as well. What that the only thing that was changed? I am copying that new command to the first test server to try out.

Thanks,

Gary

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 pm

I looked at other things but that is all I changed.

Return to “MLServer 3”