Ted 5000

Discussion of supported Energy Management Drivers and Hardware (TED 1001/1002)
shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ted 5000

Postby shakey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Dave or Mario,

I'm ready to add energy management to my system. I know Dave did and update so the plugin now supports the 5000 series. Does Cinemar sell the 5000-G. I know you all where selling the 1000 series. I like to give my money to you all for the unit and the plugin if you make any money on the hardware(seems to be about $200 on the net), if not I'll just order it off the net and purchase Energy Management the plugin.

Shakey

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Ted 5000

Postby mcascio » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Shakey,

It's great to see users like yourself go out of your way to support "the cause". At this time we are not stocking the Ted 5000 series. With all the different packages in the 5000 series, it's difficult to stock the variety of combinations.

But we'll continue to stock the plugin. ;)
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Well the Ted is in and working great. I had to give it a dedicated circuit ( http://server17.hosting24.com/~sherlock ... topic=28.0 ) and install some filters(more time in the attic in Florida Summer), but now I have steady flashing lights. The plugin is working great. Dave thank you for updating MLEnergy to handle these units. The kids have made a game out of trying to keep the needle low on the gauge. :D

Shakey

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:26 am

Shakey,

Yeah - nothing like making a game for the kids that will actually save you money. :)

I recently redesigned the Energy screen to include two new gauges that shows the AVG DAILY USAGE but also shows in the same gauge a graphical representation of what the AVG DAILY USAGE was for the year before. Then the second smaller gauge on the right displays the % more/less KWH daily that you are using. This helps you to know whether you can beat last years numbers.

Only problem is the heat here in Wisconsin has been extreme...so my electric bills compared to last year are nearly impossible to beat.

If you're interested, I can copy/paste the rules needed to calculate these values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Mario,

That be great. My 5 yr old told me she didn't think, she needed her night light anymore if lowers the needle. Didn't have the heart tell her its like a 1watt LED.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 am

Here are three rules to calculate and populate the gauges for percent savings/loss. Make sure there are no line breaks when copying/pasting this into MLServer's Rules.

Rule 1 - Calculate % Difference:
Whenever mlenergymanagement_001_kwavg changes value
Then Macro|MLMath|Subtract~mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings~{{mlenergymanagement_001_kwavglastyear_{{currentmonthstr}}}}~{{mlenergymanagement_001_kwavg}}!MLMath|Divide~mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings~{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}~{{mlenergymanagement_001_kwavglastyear_{{currentmonthstr}}}}!MLMath|Multiply~mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings~{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}~100

Rule 2 - Format Variable removing any decimal places:
Whenever mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings changes value
Then FormatVariable|{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}~mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings~Number~###

Rule 3 - Calculate More or Less Consumption:
Whenever mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings changes value
Then MLConditional|IsLT##{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}##0##Macro|MLMath|Multiply~mlenergymanagement_001_percentdifference~{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}~-1!SetVariable|mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings_description~MORE##Macro|SetVariable|mlenergymanagement_001_percentdifference~{{mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings}}!SetVariable|mlenergymanagement_001_percentsavings_description~LESS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks,

Will install them when I get home.

Shakey

Return to “Energy Management”