MLHAI SERIAL Agent - Issues and Fixes

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLHAI SERIAL Agent - Issues and Fixes

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:51 pm

If you have the OMNIPro II are you using the TCP version of the Agent? Both the TCP and serial versions are done and if you have a panel running the latest firmware you should be using the TCP version of the agent.

mbrad79

Postby mbrad79 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Dave,
I am using the latest version of MLHAI (TCP). My EEPROM is updated with the 3.2b chip on the Omnipro II controller. Has this program been tested on the older upgraded boards? I purchase the Omnipro II version 2.14 controller a couple of years ago, since then I've upgraded the controller chip to the 3.2b version. It works great with all the HAI software and accessories. Was the MLHAI agent tested only on the newer board only. At any rate, I can not get the program run or respond for more than half a day at most. Still curious if I'm the only one out there with this issue.

Mark

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 pm

It works with the older versions of the board with any chip above 3.0. I am on an original 2.14 board with the the 3.2A chip and all is well. I do not know what the changer were with the "B" chip, but doubt that this changed anything. You never know however. Do you have any documentation on what changes were completed with the "B" version?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am

Both the TCP and serial versions are done...

You're kidding, right? Is this a belated April Fool's joke?

1. Serial agent hangs anywhere from 3 - 6 times per day.
2. HAI variables bounce continually creating havoc for server rules and conditional statement
3. The lighting or unit variables are a mess where on/off never matches level
4. Regardless of monitor settings, it monitors zones that don't exist and events even when event montioring is turned off

The serial plugin is unusable. If you consider this as "done", I expect a refund?

mbrad79

Postby mbrad79 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am

Dave,
Just noticed that I was in the wrong thread (serial instead of TCP), sorry about that. Regardless of the version, if I have ver. 3.0 or greater, it should work. If no one else in Cinemar-ville is having this problem, then something outside the program is corrupting it's operation. Funny though, my issues are exactly the same as Ricks, as previously posted with the serial version. I think I'll strip down the MLServer to run only the essential plugins and programs, and hopefully by adding back in one plugin at a time, maybe I can find the culprit. I know you really worked hard on the MLAgent program and it is a real upgrade from the previous version, thank you. I might even change the chip back to a 3.2a to see if that helps. I'll let you know. It still feels a bit odd that I'm the only one out there with these problems (TCP).

Thank you for help.

Mark

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Even I can't believe I'm still posting on this subject but wanted to pass on this strange tidbit.

By the start of November the HAI Serial Agent was hanging almost contantly. When it hit 50 times in 24 hours I was shocked. Then the following day it hit 65 hangs. At that point I decided that this plugin was no longer worth the aggravation so I started up Homeseer and the Homeseer HAI plugin. Could never figure out why HomeSeer's plugin worked flawlessly but Cinemar's never worked at all. That night my system rebooted on schedule as it usually does. I forgot to start homeseer on-load so MLS came up with the MLHAI Serial Agent running.

Here's the kicker... since then, MLHAI Agent has not hung once in 6 days. WTF? Homesser is NOT running and therefore the Homeseer HAI plugin is NOT running. Is it possible that something in the Homeseer HAI plugin startup did something correctly where ML's HAI Agent doesn't on initial startup or installation?

On another note I spoke with HAI tech support regarding the fact that Cinemar's HAI Serial Agent will not show unit status for on/off and level. They say it's a Cinemar coding problem in getting unit status. Dave, this should be a minor fix. Can you look at it?

Some of it gets a little hairy when dealing with Dim/ Bright, Scenes, etc depending on the lighting control. Sometimes the controller determines the dim/ brightness level, and set the level itself, sometimes it tells the switch to dim/brighten, and waits for a response. While it's waiting for a response, it sets the status to Dim/Brighten X.

0= OFF
1= ON
2-100 = different states / scenes, these all depend on the type of unit
101 - 200 = 1%-100%

It's all documented in the Omni-Link or OL2 protocols.

Return to “MLHAI”