DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Trying to get a rule to work

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:31 am

This is the macro;

Name: IRR.Zone9_On
Command: Macro|MLHAI|001~On~265!MLHAI|001~On~270

The macro runs great when tested. Unit 265 is my sprinkler zone 9 and unit 270 is my irrigation pump. I have a similar OFF macro that also works great.

I am attempting to fire the macro from Automation Rules. This is the Rule;

Whenever mlirrigation_zone_status_009 equals On
Then IRR.Zone9_On

It will not fire the macro. What am I missing?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Trying to get a rule to work

Postby DaveB » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:04 pm

I figured it out after some testing - apparently, the MLIrrigation Plugin does not adhere to the standard design. It does not have a "Fast Variables" option, but uses that feature. The automation server never sees anything that the irrigation driver does. Thia was my last effort to attampt to force irrigation lobby to interface with HAI.

Dave, have you had a chance to look at this at all? Maybe just fix the fast variables thing. Irrigation lobby does other very strange stuff like placing the client name prior to the variable, which is very non-standard for your system. It make it difficult at best to use irrigation lobby as a true integrated driver.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I have not had a chance to look at the generic irrigation drive yet. It is on my short list.

Edit:

Have you actually tried to use the Generic Driver? All it does is send on and off commands. If you have tried it what does not work?

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Dave
{this got off topic, so you may want to relocate this discussion}

The generic driver is apparently designed to only send out commands via a connected serial port and not back to the MLS system or any other legal driver.

Since I technically will have no device connected to a port supported by the driver, I can not get any commands out of Irrigation Lobby. I need sort of a headless driver that I can enter generic commands for On and Off (per zone) into so that I can fire off a legal command to HAI (or any other non-specific connected relay).

I also need the system to be rain switch aware so that I can turn off a zone/program when the switch is not secure and also prevent the system from running is a variable is not secure. I can actually do this now via a rule or command map.

Thanks! Your assistance with this is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

That's where the Generic driver becomes misleading. It ignores the settings for the serial port. It only issues MLServeCmds for On and Off. Left over copy and pastes from the original developer I suspect. That's why it is worth a shot.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I will try it once more. It actually is running on my system and has been for some time. I have both the RAIN8 and the Generic running. I have no RAIN8 connected. I will place a set variable command in a zone for Off and On as a test and will let you know. I will also copy this post over into the WGL area. You should actually rename the WGL are "Irrigation Lobby" or something like that.

I will report back...
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Dave -
See my response over in the WGL Area...... http://forum.cinemaronline.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=15802&p=102732#p102732
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “Automation Rules”