Notify MLServer when motion is detected

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Notify MLServer when motion is detected

Postby Funboy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 pm

I'm trying to get my MainLobby scenes/touchscreens change to my camera page whenever the Panasonic detects motion.

I can get the Panasonic camera to email me pictures or store pictures in it's internal buffer when motion is detected, but I can't figure out how to notify MLServer.

Anyone do this?
- Funboy

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:03 pm

if your camera has contact closure option ou could trigger a security zone of a home security system. That's pretty straightforward.
ChrisB

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Is there anyway to have MLServer detect a file or file change?

I can get my camera to output a file/snapshot into a specific directory when motion is detected.
- Funboy

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 pm

You can do this fairly easily with a MLScript. Import the attached script into MLScript. You'll see a new script called ImageChecker. This script will look in the folder of your choice for the existance of a file. If it finds a file in the folder it will set a server variable pointing to the image and then fire a MLServer command.

You would set up a timer that would fire at some schedule that would call this script.

This should give you something to experiment with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Dave

I got it working. I had to modify the script a bit so that I could convert the variable name to a web image location that I could use from all of my clients.

One question...would there be significant drainage on resources if I executed the ImageChecker script every 5 seconds?

According to my perfmon my CPU usage on the server is between 0-1% when idle (with ImageChecker firing every 5 seconds).
- Funboy

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:11 pm

No you won't see to much overhead running every 5 seconds. If you turn on event logging it will cause a lot of noise in the event log. But if logging is off and there is no image to process the script doesn't do any work. Just monitor your CPU every now and then. But I believe you'll be good.

Return to “Panasonic”