Any ML integration with Panasonic KX-TA824 Phone system?

chiphayes

Any ML integration with Panasonic KX-TA824 Phone system?

Postby chiphayes » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:41 pm

I've used the Panasonic phone systems for a number of years now through my last few houses, and intend to put one in the new one as well.

Has there been any integration with this system using ML? Only thing I might think of right off the bat is the use of their CallerID card (instead of an added NetCallerID) as thiers covers 3 different incoming lines I believe. And perhaps the use of the internal voice mail system from an ML lobby screen.

I know there's both a serial port and a USB. But wasn't sure if anyone's ever gotten around to making them talk to ML or not. Just wondering....

Chip

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 pm

chip, don't know of a Panasonic call system integration.

Also, you can use 3 NetcallerID boxes (one per each serial port) and MLCallerID can then track all three incoming lines.

lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby lathanm » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Does the PBX support SMDR? If so you may be able to us it to pull call logs and write them to a text file readable by ML.
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation
http://project2501.tumblr.com

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:24 pm

i have a kxta624...can read the smdr on the serial but it was just as simple to hookup the netcaller id boxen.....(not a whiz kid like you and GregoryX).....

Panasonic has never been big on making the integration part of their systems usable......the big news for the 824 is they bundled the gui software to program the system instead of command line and built a nice internal vm ...
ChrisB

lathanm
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby lathanm » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:57 pm

I am working on getting my PBX to talk to ML now. In my case I am running TeleVantage 7.5. Overkill of most homes but it is a perk of my job. The good news is it supports TAPI and has a full dev kit. This give me access to both inbound and outbound call control. Right now I am just using its screen pop and Windows dialing shortcuts but eventually I will be able to pull those into ML. I just need to get some of the junk off my plate to really dive in an play around.
Hacker /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

Pass the popcorn, the movie is starting!

http://project2501.tzo.com/gallery/automation

http://project2501.tumblr.com

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:46 am

Thanks all, for the input.

I figured there wasn't too much it could do that a simple NedCallerID setup couldn't, but hey.... since I'm going HA, why not hook up everything I possibly can? :D

And yes, having had the older versions of the PBX, being able to program it via a software interface is making me very happy. Same with the Elk M1 I'm going to install (Last alarm was an Apex Destiny). Way too many hours of my life wasted pushing number keypads to get phones and alarms to do what I want.

Chip

Return to “Panasonic”