AE2000 Driver Info...

EUROTECH

AE2000 Driver Info...

Postby EUROTECH » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Good evening group. I currently have the pana ae3000u projector. Looking at the RS232 protocol for both the 3000 and 2000 they are identical. I was interested in using this driver but can not find any info at all on either the wiki nor the forum for this. If someone is using this driver, is there a way they can post the commands and the variables associated with it. Thank You very much. One other question, the driver comes up as expired (downloaded a while ago but just getting to it), but there is no option to purchase it. What do I do from here on?

Euro

wnl

Re: AE2000 Driver Info...

Postby wnl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 am

I also could find no information on this driver, so I didn't bother with it. Besides, as an AE2000 driver it won't know about the commands to load lens memory settings, which is something I wanted.

Instead I just used RS232Send to build up the commands I needed as macros, then use those macros. The only downside is I can't get feedback from the projector, but that really only matters for power on and power off. I found that the most reliable way to use RS232Send was to code it using hex rather than ascii. Makes for a little extra work.

If you want copies of the macros let me know.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 am

If you used Tallus's MLComDevice, you could both send and receive messages from the projector. Hex and Ascii is supported. Serial and TCP.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:10 am

I started writing that plugin for a user but he went away before it could be tested. The basic commands are Power, Input, Freeze, Picture, Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right and Shutter. Since I was never able to test this I put it aside and went on to other projects. If you are willing to let me remote in to test I can get it going and then document the wiki.

wnl

Postby wnl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 am

DavidL wrote:If you used Tallus's MLComDevice, you could both send and receive messages from the projector. Hex and Ascii is supported. Serial and TCP.

I eventually plan to switch to using MLComDevice for the 3000 and the Integra. It's on my list, but just haven't gotten to it yet. For now I just track power on/power off via variables. As long as no one turns something on by hand I'm good. :)

Unfortunately the one piece of information I really need from the 3000 isn't available via RS232: current aspect ratio. There also aren't any discrete commands to set it. Right now I need to rely on changing it unfortunately. Hoping to eventually do away with that need and just leave it set to 16:9.

wnl

Postby wnl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:23 am

CinemarDave wrote:I started writing that plugin for a user but he went away before it could be tested. The basic commands are Power, Input, Freeze, Picture, Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right and Shutter. Since I was never able to test this I put it aside and went on to other projects. If you are willing to let me remote in to test I can get it going and then document the wiki.

I could help you with that. Could you also add the commands to load a lens preset (for the 3000 and 4000)? I can send you the command's details. You should also add "aspect" to the list.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:30 am

I'll take you up on that. Can you email me the protocol docs you have?

wnl

Postby wnl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:03 pm

CinemarDave wrote:I'll take you up on that. Can you email me the protocol docs you have?

Sure. Give me some time to dig them up.

EUROTECH

Postby EUROTECH » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Folks, thanks for the replies! I am waiting for my db9 adapter junk to come in to finish the wiring back to the server. It should be done sometime this week. What do you use as a remote in? VPN? Teamviewer? So that I can get it configured.
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMAN ... E3000U.PDF pg 51 is the start of the commands if that helps. I purchased the MLComDevice ( I think) and was planning to use it for something else. Thanks for the quick feedback/responses.

Euro

wnl

Postby wnl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Eurotech:

That table is missing the commands for loading lens settings among other things. Here are the spec sheets for the 3000 and 4000. They have the full command set (the 4000 is a superset of the 3000):

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/D ... ations.pdf
http://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/project ... e4k_sf.pdf

(I think those links still work)

Dave: I sent you a PM.

Return to “Panasonic”