MLIPCamera Toshiba Drivers

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Well, it takes care of that error for other plugins.
Mario will have to respond to this one.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:42 pm

whyle,

Download the latest Toshiba Drivers. You won't notice a change in version; however, the Toshiba IKWB15A has been updated.

Please report back any more issues.

Has anyone else had a a chance to test with their 15A?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

whyle

Postby whyle » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Still get the same out of memory error. I am running the beta version of mlserver, that shouldnt matter at all though should it?
Do you guys see the errors I have been seeing? Or do you have a 15A to test with? Just wondering if I am possibly getting these errors as a result of something else (like a setting in the camera, etc)

whyle

Postby whyle » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 am

For now I converted the cameras over to using the generic driver with the __live.jpg. All works properly with this setup. Let me know if you need anymore testing with the Toshiba driver or need access to a 15A.

Thanks,

Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi Chris,

We do have a 15A here for testing. We did find a problem that we'll hopefully fix the error.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Mario,

Just checking in to see if there were any updates on this. I have the cameras working with the generic plugin, but cant really get the presets to work well :(

Thanks!

-Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi Chris,

Yes - please redownload the Toshiba Drivers. We just rolled out another update that should fix the image issues.

Let us know.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:23 pm

Mario,

First thing I immediately noticed was high cpu usage. MLServer jumped up to using 80-90% cpu non stop. Removed the camera with the driver and the load dropped down to where it normally is. I am going to let this run a bit to see if I get the out of memory error. At this point though, whole machine is not usable since its bogged down.

Anyway you can try going back to just the __live.jpg way but using the same commands for preset, control, etc? Just wondering if its the stream part that is causing the issues.

Thanks,

Chris

whyle

Postby whyle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Ok, so far no errors popping up. CPU is still running really high, between mainlobby and mlserver the cpu stays at 100%. When I send the stopimage command all returns to normal. So definitely has to do with the image updating.
I will try to do some camera tweaks tomorrow unless you have some ideas?

Thanks.

-Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:37 pm

Chris,

Thanks for your continued feedback. It's been very helpful.

Please redownload and install the latest Toshiba drivers. Let us know how it goes this time.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:18 pm

Mario,

Ok, definitely looking good. No errors, no high cpu. All movements and presets work fine. I did not test zoom and zoom out, wasnt sure if that was working or not.
The one thing I notice now is that taking a snapshot, MLServer freezes up, and cpu jumps to around 60% for mainlobby. Mainlobby freezes up a bit too, where I cant get to the cameras, the snapshot page, but can get to other simple pages. I am sure its just from the high cpu and loss of connection to mlserver. Once I close out mainlobby, mlserver becomes responsive. Then open mainlobby and all is normal again.

So other than the snapshot part, everything else seems perfect. Will let you know if I see any other issues.

Thanks for getting this fixed up!

-Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Chris,

I think we're getting closer.

Please redownload the Toshiba Drivers and the MLIPCamera Family Plugin.

Let us know how your tests go.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Snapshot works perfect :)

I now get the auth pop up box when I goto the camera screens, even tho I have the user/pass in the fields of the plugin. Obviously if I put in the user/pass the one time it wont ask until I restart Mainlobby. If I put the user:pass@ip.address in the IP address field, it doesnt popup, so not sure what may have changed there.

I notice that the log now reports the image being downloaded. Will there be an option to disable that? I am just curious what happens if the logs just gets really large will that cause any slowdowns or issues. Since its reporting 2 lines in the log every second. Might not be a big deal at all, just curious.

Definitely getting closer ;-) Thanks guys!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Chris,

Sounds like we are very close. We weren't able to replicate the popup you mentioned.

Try downloading the latest Toshiba Drivers and make sure to reinstall the Family IPCamera plugin as well.

Then let us know if that solves the popup.

If that doesn't solve it, it may require you to adjust your adminstrator settings in the Camera.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Reinstalling the plugin / drivers did the trick. Everything appears to be working perfectly. Great work guys! Will let you know if I see any other issues.

Thank you.

-Chris

Return to “Toshiba”