MLIPCamera Toshiba Drivers

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 pm

OK - Looks like we've allowed the user to start/stop the updating process.

We had to store the image on the hard drive in order to deliver it to the user. So we didn't want it to tax the system when they weren't on a scene where it was required. Although, I think be default, we will turn it on.

So to start the streaming images send:
MLServeCmd.MLIPcamera|updateImage~1~1

Where:
MLServeCmd.MLIPcamera|updateImage~<<ID#>>~<<FramePerSecond>>

The new command to stop the updating is:
MLServeCmd.MLIPCamera|stopImageUpdate~<<ID#>>

EDIT NOTE: We're changing the command to StopUpdateImage instead of StopImageUpdate in the next release.
Last edited by mcascio on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

whyle

Postby whyle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:33 pm

Ah ok. I sent the command and the image appeared and was streaming fine. When I went to control the camera with the up/down/left/right arrows in main lobby, the image froze and this error appeared from mlserver :

-214741810: Automation error The callee (server [not server application] is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. :MLIPCamera

At this point the image stops, cant do anything else with it. Basically have to close mlserver and restart it to get the image back going. So the image works, just when you try to control it, it freezes up.

whyle

Postby whyle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Ok, odd. Restarted mlserver and restarted main lobby. This time I was able to control the camera a little bit, left, right, down, then tried to move back left and then received these 2 popups :

run-time error '35764': Still executing last request

Run-time error '440': Automation error

Still messing around with it, will let you know if I see anything else.

Thanks,
Chris

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:05 pm

whyle,

Please download the latest Toshiba Drivers from your login. Then redownload and install the MLIPCAMERA Family plugin.

You'll find some new documentation. You'll also see the checkbox to default the images to always download once per second.

The runtime errors you mentioned should now be gone and all controls/presets should be working properly.

Let us know.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:29 pm

Excellent, appears to be working great now. Good job guys! :) Thank you!

whyle

Postby whyle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:05 am

Getting a :

run-time error '7' out of memory

After leaving the camera on for a little bit, 15-20 minutes. Noticed that error this morning and had to restart mlserver. Turned back on to watch, error pops up and freezes the image.

When I try to restart the image by sending the MLServeCmd.MLIPcamera|updateImage~1~1 command I get that Automation error agin.

Only option after that is to restart mlserver. Should I be disabling the image when I am not on the scene?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 am

whyle,

The idea was that you could turn it on/off to save on processing power; although, we were able to make it take up very little CPU anyways.

The original idea was that users would turn on when they arrive at the scene and turn off as they leave the scene.

Any system should be able to handle 15-20 minutes. Did you catch the caption on the error box? If not, please try to repeat. This time opening task manager to see the Mem Usage for MLServer.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:38 am

Ok this time it was different. I was watching the cam, and then noticed it stopped. Memory didnt appear to be used up based on what watchdog was reporting. I did however notice cpu spike to 75% for 20-30 seconds. So at this point the picture stopped. I then tried to send the updateimage command again. This then pops up an error box with header of ToshibaIKWB and has a run-time error '35761' Request timed out. Sent the command again and received an automation error -2147418105 ( had the header MLIPCAMERA).
Also noticed that when doing a snapshot, everything freezes up as well. Cant get to the snapshots screen and camera freezes up. Restart mlserver and the snapshot is there. So something pauses there I guess.

I will monitor and try to get that out of memory error info again.

Thanks,

Chris

whyle

Postby whyle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Ok, I havent been able to get the out of memory error again :(

I did get this info if its helpful. I had watchdog and task manager up. I noticed all the sudden mlserver cpu jacked up to 77%. So I checked the image. Sure enough it had stopped. I tested the controls and presets and those commands worked (saw the 20 OK received from the plugin log). But image doesnt update. For about 30 minutes the cpu was pegged high, from 63% - 88%. Memory usage did not look to change a whole lot, it moved from 45,908mb to 46,248 after the 20 minutes.

At this point I was tired of waiting around, and decided to just close main lobby to see if maybe the image was stuck in there. Closed MainLobby and thats when I get the ToshibaIKWB run-time error '35761' Request timed out. Restarted MainLobby, image still didnt work. Tried the updateimage command from mlserver and get that automation error below.

Will let this sit for awhile and try to capture the out of memory error. Using MainLobby 3.00.45 if you need that info as well.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Ok, I received the out of memory error again, it had ToshibaIKWB in the header of it. Saw no change in cpu or memory from mlserver tho. So now with this error, get no refreshing image and no controls work. Get the automation error pop up when trying to do controls, presets, or updateimage.
Let me know if you need any other info, etc.

Thanks,

Chris

whyle

Postby whyle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Little more on this, I get that out of memory error even when I dont start the image. I had started up mlserver and mainlobby and didnt want to worry about that cam for now. Went back to the system a couple hour later and that out of memory error was up.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:55 pm

Not sure if you guys were able to recreate this yet. I just noticed that when I get the out of memory error, an error is in the mlserver log. Says: error #440 Automation error raised by Queue Pump.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:00 pm

The beta versions of mlserver take care of that error. I believe the next version should go production.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:29 pm

ah ok, I will test it with beta and see what happens. Thanks.

whyle

Postby whyle » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:14 pm

On mlserver 3.0.210 I am still getting the out of memory error and the error #440 Automation error raised by Queue Pump in the mlserver log.

Return to “Toshiba”