MLIPCamera download link broken?

meich

MLIPCamera download link broken?

Postby meich » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi,
Im trying to download the MLIPCamera Family plugin, and the link appears to be broken. Im looking to setup a security system around my house using the Toshiba 15A cameras

On a side note, can anyone give me there opinion on the best setup with the following requirements in mind:

1. Would like to have the best quality during LIVE viewing of the video feed.
2. Ability to take snapshots and email when detecting motion.

I keep hearing about either using the MLIPCamera plugin with the supported cameras (like the Toshiba, Panasonic, or Axis) OR, get an Axis Video Server and use whater analog camera i like and just point ML to the Axis Video Server to pickup the images.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best route to to? Im new to this, and am getting a little confused when reading the forums as to which method is best to use, either the MLIPCamera plugin, or just using WebLobby.

thanks!!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:52 pm

meich,

The family plugin link should now be working on this page:
http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserver.mlipcamera.html

Without a driver though, which there are no trials for today, it doesn't really do much good.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

meich

Postby meich » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks mcascio,
I will purchase the driver (im assuming they are available), i just wasnt sure if i could do anything without the MLIPCamera Family plugin.

Also, do you have an opinion on a good setup? Would just setting up the Toshiba camera and accessing the feed from the built in webserver on the camera itself through Weblobby be OK? I assume i would lose some of the functionality of being able to pan\tilt, ect.. through MainLobby without the plugin, but im just trying to understand what the best option would be assuming the requirements i have listed above.

thanks!

meich

Postby meich » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 pm

mcascio,

btw, i got the family plugin from the link you provided, but also noticed that there is no mention of support for the 15a toshiba camera, yet, when you go to the Wikipedia site where you have all the documentation, it DOES state that it supports it. Can you tell me whether the Toshiba drivers truly support the 15a??

thanks

whyle

Postby whyle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 pm

I have a 15A camera and its working fine. I think there were some issues with the camera initially, so they may not have updated the supported cameras yet. I can confirm its supported though. :)

Return to “Toshiba”