can't load UPE file

jinksjj

UPB Error

Postby jinksjj » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Here is the screen shot of step 9.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rich

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:18 pm

Here is one with controller set-up screen and light add screen.

Also is info on switch type from UPStart

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If at First You Don't Succeed, CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Rich,

I noticed an apostrophe after the name Kitchen. Can you remove that and try again?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Rich

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:26 pm

I think that is just something from the capture. I have tryed using many different names, numbers blank, etc.

I did try again, same errors.

wdill

Postby wdill » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Rich wrote:Are you loading a premade upe file ??

not sure if this question was directed at me or not but the file I can more or less succesfully import is a sample file that a member of Cocoontech forum (Event5 is his handle) put out for people to play with. I'll try to find it for you. it's quite extensive and really shows what can be done with Upstart.

also just shooting in the dark here but I notice in Upstart you indicate having a 600w non-dimming switch then in the Cinemar plug in you are loading as a UPB relay switch.

Rich

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:34 pm

dwill,

Yes I was asking you about the file you made reference to. I would appreciate it if you could point me toward the file.

As to the switch, It is a UPB switch, just non dimming. I did ask just a few posts back if it was perhaps it was the switch and the author refered to it as a relay switch. I have tried adding it as every type though just in case.

I know it is a UPB switch as I can control it with the UPB controller via UPStart. Is there any need for UPStart though? I assumed that ML did what UPStart did as far as controling the lighting network. I just ran UPStart to make sure that the hardware worked.

Thanks

***GO PATS***

wdill

Postby wdill » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:23 pm

here is a link to the forum where this file is posted. Sorry, I don't know how to do a hyperlink so you will need to cut and paste.

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=5868&hl=

Not sure but you may need to register to download it. I'm certainly no expert in this stuff but yes you are correct in that ML can do all the controlling of devices I just find it useful sometimes seeing how things can be done in different ways. The big use for Upstart is to actually program how each device works, dimming or non dimming, fade rates, colour of led, and other such stuff.

as to this problem I'm as stumped as you are.

Wayne[/url]

Rich

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:49 pm

How many switches do you have in your network, dimming, non-dimming.

What else do you use ML for ?

wdill

Postby wdill » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:33 pm

jinksjj,
I tried the steps listed on the previous page. everything works fine until step 10. when I click "add" I get message - run-time error '380': invalid property value. then the plugin locks up and I need to do a control alt delete to get out. when I re-open ML and the plugin it indicates the switch loaded, but when I try to change anything the plugin locks up again.

Is this new version of MLLighting very far off? if not I should maybe just wait for it instead of using up valuable assistance now.

Thanks,
Wayne

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:16 am

Hi Wayne,

I've uploaded the latest MLLighting Family plugin but unfortunatley i don't think it will resolve your existing issue.

I'm going to test on another system tomorrow to see if we can replicate.

Download, the MLLighting Family plugin though and see if anything changes on your end.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:25 am

Thanks for trying Mario,

I just installed with no success.

Same error when adding light.

Run-Time 380

When openning settings again,

1/9/2007 8:21:48 AM Error MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLLighting Error# -2147418105 - Automation error
The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. raised by MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLLighting

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:42 pm

Guys,

Thanks for sticking this out.

Please delete your data\MLLighting.mdb file then reinstall the MLLighting Family plugin.

Then download and install the latest UPB Driver. An update was made that should resolve the errors we have been seeing.

Thanks for your continued patience.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks,

That did the trick now the light is added.

It reports the status properly, but when I tried to control the switch from the settings/control panel, I can only turn it off if it is on, I can not turn it on. I will play with the command line tonight.

Not to be a pain, but any luck with my Russound post ?

wdill

Postby wdill » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:36 pm

did the update and was able to load in a few switches. I could turn on, off and dim each device from the control window. when I tried to edit I got error message 91 (I believe it was 91 anyway) but maybe that was because I didn't have things configured properly. I'll try to set up some commands through Mainlobby but looking good so far.

thanks very much for the help so far.

Wayne

jinksjj

UPB Errors

Postby jinksjj » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:56 am

wdill,

We will be posting an update for the UPB driver that will fix some errors when editing a light.

Rich,
We need to find out if the light is responding to the on command. Can you control the light properly from UPStart? If not then the light is probably broken. If you can then I would turn the light off start up mlserver, open mllighting, and then open the UPB controller and clear the log once all status responses have come in after start up. Now try to turn the light on and see if you get a response.

The log should look like this now, except for a few minor details such as network id and light #:

Rc: light~69~on
Sx: 09040145FF22C800C4
Rx: PA
Rx: PN
Sx: 07100145FF3074
Rx: PA
Rx: PK
Rx: PU080001FF458664C9

What we are really looking for is the last line, the one that starts with PU, this is the unit response line. If you are still having problems please post your log for me to look at.

Return to “UPB”