can't load UPE file

wdill

can't load UPE file

Postby wdill » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:05 pm

when I try to import my UPE file from Upstart through the UPB PIMM Controller window i get the response "it appears you don't have the right plug in to control this type of light". then the program locks up and I have to do a hard shut down on MLServer using windows task manager. I have the latest versions of all the drivers and MLServer. anybody else have this problem or any thoghts on what to try?

Wayne

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Did you add the UPB controller to the MLLighting plugin?

wdill

Postby wdill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:07 am

I'm guessing you mean the window that loads when I double click on the MLLighting line in the plug ins window. if so then yes, and it indicates the following: # - 001, Alias - Controller1, Manufacturer - UPB PIMM Module. the six links show up in the Groups column at the right. I double checked in the MLServer file and I did download the UPB plug in.

jinksjj

Postby jinksjj » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:13 pm

The only reason that error would show up is because of a problem with the UPBLightControl.dll file, it either is missing or did not get registered.

I would try to reinstalling the UPB driver plugin.

wdill

Postby wdill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:42 pm

thanks for the input. I've tried reloading quite a few times both the UPB plug in and MLServer. I've just been replacing the existing file, I wonder if I delete it first then re-download if that would make a difference? I'm kind of a dufus at this stuff so I'm not sure the best way to go. I guess worst case since I haven't actually done anything with the program yet except play around with it I could totally remove everything then start from scratch.

Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to load the upe file, but not with the same error message. I get run-time '9' subscript out of range.

I have reloaded UB driver. I can add the PIM without trouble.

Any Ideas.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Rich,

Let's start from a clean slate.

Delete your mllighting.mdb database and reinstall the MLLighting Family Plugin.

Then startup MLServer. Verify that you have all the PIM Information showing up in the Settings Tab of the UPB PIMM Conroller screen.
Last edited by mcascio on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Make sure you are installing to MainLobby Server 3 (just to cover the "obvious")

Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:41 pm

OK,

Deleted mllighting.mdb
Installed mllighting plugin
Added PIM controller on Com6
A-OK to this point.

Spoon me somemore....

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:17 pm

So the PIM Information is all there correct?

Double check to make sure the UPSTART program can still load the UPE file in question. You may need to shut down MLServer as well before doing so.

If all goes well there, restart MLServer and try Loading the UPE file from the Network tab.

If it doesn't work, report the error and send along your UPE file to us for review. Perhaps you can provide some insight into what your lighting control system consists of. (How many lights, types, etc.)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

wdill

Postby wdill » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:14 pm

I've been sidetracked with other things which is why I haven't replied to this problem again but I tried deleting and reloading everything and now I get the same "subscript 9" error. Odd thing is I downloaded a sample UPB file from Event5 over at the cocoontech forum and I can import it into Cinemar but not my file. I've been trying different configurations with both files to narrow it down but so far no luck finding the cause.

Wayne

Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 pm

I can not load the upe export file in UPStart, but I can load the original upb file with UPStart.

I have only started my lighting with one PIM and one switch. After installation of this test module I will be adding to it.

I do have UPStart setup and I am able to control the switch On/Off/Blink in that application.

1/3/2007 5:18:03 PM Error Queue Pump Error# 440 - Automation error raised by Queue Pump

Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:51 pm

Here is the upe and upb files from UPStart. The error from teh log is on the previous reply.

Thanks for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Guys,

Please redownload the UPB Driver. The programmer thinks he's fixed the problem. You won't see a version change on the Installer itself but it does update a dll.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Rich

Postby Rich » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:18 pm

Thanks,

deleted mllighting.db
re-install mllighting_family_plugin
re-install new upb_plugin downloaded from cart

add controller fine, PIM info OK
Load .upe, does not appear to have plug-in installed error, says file successful, ends.
Add light, get runtime error 380, reopen plugin settings and get,

1/4/2007 7:10:07 PM Logging Server Event logging set to Errors only
1/4/2007 7:12:24 PM Error MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLLighting Error# -2147418105 - Automation error
The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. raised by MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLLighting

:(

Return to “UPB”