MLLighting Variables not updated when group command is issue

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLLighting Variables not updated when group command is issue

Postby Funboy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:42 pm

When I issue a group command (e.g. MLServeCmd.MLLighting|groupon~Entertaining) it works properly and all the lights in the group turn on, but it does not update the MLServer variables.

How do I get the variables updated with correct status of each light when I execute a group command?
- Funboy

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:50 pm

I am having the exact same issues in that the variables are not updating consistantly.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: MLLighting Variables not updated when group command is issue

Postby mcascio » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Funboy wrote:When I issue a group command (e.g. MLServeCmd.MLLighting|groupon~Entertaining) it works properly and all the lights in the group turn on, but it does not update the MLServer variables.

How do I get the variables updated with correct status of each light when I execute a group command?

Funboy,

Give the latest version of the UPB Driver and MLLIghting Family a test run to see if the status is now correct.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Alright, just tried it and same thing. The group command executes and lights turn on as expected. However the variables are not updated.

I have family lighting 1.0.984 and UPB lighting 1.0.945
- Funboy

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Can you provide your log and the device types that you are having issues with?

I think for multibutton switches, there was something in UPSTART that needed to be configured in order for the updates to be sent back.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Mario - I have a 4 button multi switch that I have configured to turn on my table lamp #49 as increasing light levels. It is programed for 15% / 25% / 45% / and 90%. Link one also when pressed turns the load off. As per the log file, the commands are being received by the plug-in. The only link press being picked up by the plug-in is from link #1, where both on and off work, but the level is not reported correctly. No presses from links 2, 3 or 4 are being picked up by the plug-in for processing.

See the attached log, which represents a link 1 then 2 , 3 and 4 press, followed by a link 1 press to return to 15% and then a link 1 press to turn off the load. Only the initial on then off presses are being reported to the system variables.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

OK so scrap the message above - I think that I got it mostly working. I had trashed the link programs by fiddling around inside the plug-in. I actually blew out the program for all the buttons, had to exist server, go to upstart, fix the issue and restart server -

I have one very strange item going on however.

Once more - 4 links; 15%, 30%, 60%, 95% or module 49 which is a lamp module.
Link 1 is a super toggler, the other three are standard buttons.

When I hit buttons 2, 3 or 4, the light status and correct dim level are great. However when I hit button one, The light actually goes to 15%, but what is reported to the plug-in and variable is 52%. When I hit the button a second time, the light goes off and the plug in is updated as expected.

This is consistent. I reprogrammed button 4 as a super toggler and got the same result; 52%. For some reason, the data from a supertoggler is being parsed wrong. Otherwise, the links work and report correctly.

Next step - expose those links in ML for use on the touchscreen.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Mario,

Did some more testing and have confirmed that (at least for me) when I issue a group command (e.g. Entertain) the status variables are not being updated, but the correct lights are being turned on.

Most of my switches (95%) are US2-40 dimming switches.

The MLLighting correctly shows the group command. Here's the snippet from when I executed the group command:

11/15/2008 6:12:22 PM Rc: groupon~103
11/15/2008 6:12:22 PM Sx: 8704BF67FF2030
11/15/2008 6:12:22 PM Rx: PA
11/15/2008 6:12:23 PM Rx: PN
- Funboy

Near76
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Near76 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 am

I would think that since the plugin knows how switches are suppose to respond to a certain link/group command and the UPB protocol is extremely robust the plugin should be able to change that status of its lighting variables without polling the switches...make sense? When I used the InsteonPLM plugin one of the frustrating things was sending a group command that turned off all 53 dimmers...MLS would then poll each dimmer involved and it would be at least 1-2 minutes before you could do anything with MLS because it was bogged down with the status updates. I hope this isn't the case with the UPB driver?
-Matt

Return to “UPB”