Trouble with latest driver

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Trouble with latest driver

Postby davevans » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am

I am just getting up and running w/ upb and am running into some trouble. I have set up all of my devices using up start and have successfully imported into the mllighting plugin. The plugin finds the PIM and imports all devices successfully. However, it does not properly read the Network ID or password. Because of this, none of the devices that were created via import respond. If I try and change the network id and password, I am prompted that devices will be reprogrammed. When I click ok, I get a type mismatch error and have to restart ml server. If I delete the devices imported, and then manually recreate within the plugin everything works fine, but I am unable to properly program my simply automated switch that has 1 rocker and 4 buttons. It will learn the rocker, but not the buttons. The only error written to the log is:

Error# 440 - Automation error raised by tmrCmd_Timer

Also, when I try and create a group, the ramp rate selected for the light does not "take". It always uses the default ramp rate for the device.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:12 am

Davevans

Is this your first time installing the plug in? I ask this because we did an new installation a few weeks back for a client and I could not make the posted version mlfamily and upb driver work for the installation so I had to go through my files and get a back dated version to make the system work as I was experincing the same issues.

Last week I upgraded a client system to the same latest upb driver and Mllighting plug in and had no problems. It might be possable that the download is missing something that is need for a fresh install :?

What do you think Mario?

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:31 am

Yes this is the first time I installed the plugin. Is a previous version available anywhere?

Thanks

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Anyone? I would really like to get this working properly

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 am

This is on our short term radar for review.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

jinksjj

Postby jinksjj » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 am

There is a new version of the UPB controller driver for MLLighting.
The new version fixes runtime errors when programing the network id and password, as well as various import problems.

We have noticed a small problem with UPStart that may affect functionality of the plugin. When UPStart creates a network the network id and password are not actually programmed into the PIMM module. This is why some users may see incorrect network id and password values in the plugin. In the event that you experience this problem the following steps will get everything in the plugin working again.

1. Open the UPB controller from MLLighting.
2. Enter the correct network id and password and click save.
3. You will now be prompted that all devices must now be programmed, Click yes.

Once all devices have been programmed you have a couple options. You can either click the Disconnect button, wait for the plugin to disconnect from the PIMM module, then click the Connect button, or you can simply restart MLServer. I would suggest restarting MLServer if possible as this will force the plugin to go through it entire startup routine again. While disconnecting and reconnecting to the PIMM module will fix the plugins functionality it will not force a status request from each light on the network.

Return to “UPB”