UPB non dimmable lights

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

UPB non dimmable lights

Postby pacman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Anyone having issues with non-dimmable light. One of the house we installed UPB have justed changed their bulb over to the fluoresce replacement bulbs and now we can only turn them off and not on.

In upstart we can control these light with no issues and there is no
Noise.

I also noticed we could not trun the pool lights on from the original installation but this was the same time when we had problems with the UPB plug in and we figured it my be related to that.

In upstart the dimming capablity has been turned off for these lights

Thanks
James Paquin

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:58 pm

I did confirm this with another clients installation, When a light is set to non dimmable in UPB upstart it can only be shut off with this type of cmd

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|off~Office Light

This cmd will not turn on the light

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|on~Office Light

But this one will

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|on~Office Light~100

I base my light scenes using this cmd and it will only turn off the light and not turn the light on.

MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|mllighting_{{clientname}}_activeLight~091!MLLighting|Toggle~{{mllighting_{{clientname}}_activeLight}}

James Paquin

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm

I had the exact problem with my setup. I just installed lighting, the UPB plugin, 2 switches (one dimmer, one not to control Flourescent tubes), and the Interface. I've only got a few hours under my belt most of which was spent figuring out an infuriating "feature", so I'm still fairly new, but I set up my on/off switch as non dimmable within the MLLighting plugin. I wanted a simple toggle switch so I tried the toggle command and found that it will turn the light off, but not back on. I then tried

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|on~kitmain

and that didn't work just like your scenario. Only

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|on~kitmain~100

would turn it back on. I then went back into MLLighting plugin, and set the dimmable field to true. I can now use the toggle command and the

MLServeCmd.MLLighting|on~kitmain

command without any problems. As long as you make sure a dimming command is not sent to the switch. I don't see why there would be a problem with the dimmable field being set to "true".

-Alan Torrey

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 am

Hi Alan

Thanks for the confirmation! I did talk with Mario today and he will have the programer look at it very soon. I would think based on what we see it should be able to be fixed.

Thanks again for the trouble shooting and I am sure they will get it fixed shortly

James

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Guys,

Redownload the latest UPB driver and let us know if your problems are resolved.

There is a minor update to MLLighting Family that adds a Value/Status column too.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:32 pm

Yes Mario, that has fixed the problem on my end. Thank you for the update.

Alan

Return to “UPB”