Run time error-Type mismatch

psaport

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:38 am

Smooth,
I said what I meant - MLHAI plugin breaks when UPB Family plugin is loaded. Either work fine if the other is deselected. I did not want to post this in the MLHAI section, Because the MLHAI plugin works fine just won't play nice with UPBLighting Plugin.

psaport

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:43 am

Is there a way to change the order that plugins load or to delay there start? I was just asking because it appears that the UPBLighting is interfering with MLHAI startup. The lighting control takes about 6 minutes to complete its start up sequence I have 60 devices that it polls on startup.
Thanks for your attention.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:47 am

No way to change the order of loading that I know of. I'm assuming it was designed to be based on alpha sorting.

I think the problem is not that MLHAI and MLLighting don't play well together, it's just that they fall in close proximity when loading.

It appears your MLLighting is getting hung up probably due to the devices not being found or timing out.

Can you disable your MLHAI and post any logs from the UPB DRiver and MLLighting? Although, i'm guessing after disabling MLHAI, the next plugin closest might have an issue then. Let's see though.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

psaport

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:57 pm

Hey Mario,
Here is my startup log with MLHAI disabled. It really only seems to effect the MLHAI plugin which loads just before MLLighting - it looks like MLHAI is not able to complete its loading requirements before MLLighting plugin grabs the resources.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks psaport,

With MLHAI out of the picture - is everything working properly with the UPB Driver?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

psaport

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Everything works fine Mario no other problems, just that long delay for the MLLighting plugin to query all the devices.
I created a MLHAI log to view differences between MLHAI loading with no MLLighting selected and then the log without mllighting plugin loading It seems that when MLLighting is selected that nothing occurs in the MLHAI plugin starting with the dostartup function. This routine never gets logged as being called in the MLHAI plugin if MLLighting loads.

HAIPanelDialog::DoStartup (11:16:17): Function called

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 am

Ok - just posted another UPB update - Version 1.0.803.

While this won't resolve psaports issue with MLHAI, it does add some new functionality.

If a user tries to add a light and forgets to put the light into linking mode, they would have normally had to remove and readd the light. Now they have an option to Retry. Also, there have been some visual graphics to help "grab" the attention of the user.

psaport, we're bringing in the big guns, "DAVE" to take a look at the overlap issues of the two plugins to see what can be done.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 pm

So aside from psaports issue of MLHAI/MLLIGHTING coesting, all other users are having good luck with the UPB driver?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

psaport

Postby psaport » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Mario,
Is there any progress on resolving my mlhai plugin issue with upb plugin.
I am really interested in a solution. I have to figure out if iI want mlserver to control lights or interface with Omni Pro.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Not sure on what the compatibility issue might be, as that issue is a new one, but the MLHAI plugin is most of the way through an extensive update. I am hoping we can finish that soon as it is an update we all have been waiting for.

I am assuming that comports aren't conflicting? ie: having UPB and HAI assigned to same comport?

psaport

Postby psaport » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am

Smooth,
There is no communications port conflicts in my configuraion. MLHAI is using COMM1, and mllighighting is using COMM2.

Return to “UPB”