Run time error-Type mismatch

psaport

INstalled the Latest Plugin

Postby psaport » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 am

Installed and working ok. There are still a few problems but these also exist in all previous versions.
1. On startup fails to read status or value of a few devices - these are random.
2. On startup fails to read correctly whether devices are dimmable - if you ask to read the device from the plugin information screen it will initially just toggle this value, a subsequent read will report correctly and this value sticks, ie will not toggle.
3. From the plugin control screen devices that are dimmable are not able to set a goto value, this option is greyed out for all devices.

Again the plugin loads correctly, imports upe file correctly, and all the mlserver commands function from mainlobby calls.

ccap

Postby ccap » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:21 pm

WOW!! Finally I got the plug in working. I even had trouble with the latest version, but I started from scratch and deleted all the MLLighting information and the database and reinstalled. I then reset the controller and went through the set up again and this time it worked!!

We shall see how long it lasts

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Guys,

We've tried to further improve the UPB plugin.

Please redownload MLLighting Family Version 1.0.953 or higher.

Then download your UPB drivers. You may opt to backup your existing .dll's prior to install just to be safe.

Some notes on this release:
Fixed bug -- On startup some commands were attempting to process before the lights were actually loaded into mllighting causing various data to be missing and commands to not function properly
Fixed bug -- Modified the processing of light status to allow proper functioning of UPB IO devices. If status neither On,Off, or a number then the status will be set to NA.
Fixed bug -- IO devices will no longer be able to be added to groups
Modified -- The internal processing of UPB messages has been changed in an attempt to improve the functioning of the plugin
Added -- There is now more info displayed for each light in the light control forms
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ccap

Postby ccap » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:55 pm

Thanks Mario,

I will download and try it out.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Appreciate ccap, let us know what issues if any you may have after the update. Hopefully we're much closer to nirvana. :)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

psaport

Installed Updates

Postby psaport » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:39 am

I installed and am presently running updated drivers. Initially mlserver hung after installation. Deleted mllighting.mdb and reinstalled familly plugin. While adding the PIMM received runtime error. Saved settings and restarted pc. MLLighting loaded no problems. On restart was able to import upb file and all went well. On restarts MLLighting takes about 8 minutes to read and verify devices (60 devices). I am concerned about the startup delay, Also is there updated documentation referencing the changes made in the plugin. From what I have tested seems to work ok at this point.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Installed Updates

Postby mcascio » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:07 am

psaport wrote:I installed and am presently running updated drivers. Initially mlserver hung after installation. Deleted mllighting.mdb and reinstalled familly plugin. While adding the PIMM received runtime error. Saved settings and restarted pc. MLLighting loaded no problems. On restart was able to import upb file and all went well. On restarts MLLighting takes about 8 minutes to read and verify devices (60 devices). I am concerned about the startup delay, Also is there updated documentation referencing the changes made in the plugin. From what I have tested seems to work ok at this point.

Did you install both MLLighting Family and UPB Drivers initially? If not, that could cause issues.

On startup, did your device status come in correctly? Or did the fail? If they failed, that would cause the longer delay on startup.

Note about the release were a few posts earlier.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

psaport

Postby psaport » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 am

Hi Mario,
My previous post and my observations are based on the newest plugins. Nov. 26, I think. Yes both the familly plugin and the UPB plugin were updated. The device status does not error or fail on startup but the delay is consistant during all subsequent restart.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks psaport for clarifying.

Can you send us your log file from startup so we can see whats going on?

Perhaps you can look at the log and see where delays occur too while its loading.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Not finding devices

Postby Funboy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

I'm using the latest version and happy to report that the run-time errors seem to be gone.

However I do have another problem. I can't seem to add any new devices. I can locate the device via UPStart, but MLLighting doesn't find it. I get a dialog box "Adding your new light..." and it just sits there forever.

The devices that I am trying to add are a Lamp Module and Appliance Module. The devices that I had added successfuly with the previous version were all light switches. I have not tried to re-add the light switches - I was worried that if I deleted them and tried to re-add them, I may not be able to find them with MLLighting and then I'm worse off.

Any ideas?
- Funboy

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

LIGHT STATUS

Postby AVDCORPNY » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE: WE FOUND AND ERROR IN THE LIGHT GROUP STATUS
WHEN YOU TURN ON A GROUP THE STATUS OF THE LIGHTS IN THE GROUP DON'T GET UPDATE.
YOU HAVE TO REQUEST AND UPDATE TO GET THE STATUS OF EACH LIGHT IN THE GROUP.
WE RUNNING VERSION 953 AND THE UPDATE UPB PLUGIN
THE PROBLEM APPEAR TO BE IN THE UPB PLUGIN BECUASE MLLIGHTING FAMILY 953 WORK OK WITH THE UPB VERSION 596
LOUIS

jinksjj

New version

Postby jinksjj » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:49 pm

There is a new version of the UPB driver available.

This will fix the problems with the light status not being set after group commands. Part of the fix requires that the links of all lights to be read.
This can be done by clicking the "Read" button on the "Receive Comp" tab, or be removing and readding the light.

psaport

Urgent!!!!

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 am

MLHAI plugin fails to generate server variables if UPB plugin is selected.
UPBController.dll 1.0.0.795
UPBIOControl 1.0.0.290
UPBLightControl 1.0.0.340
MLLighting 1.0.953

MLServer 3.0.367

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 am

Did you mean MLHAI plugin?

Or MLLighting plugin doesn't create variables.

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Re: New version

Postby AVDCORPNY » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 am

jinksjj wrote:There is a new version of the UPB driver available.

This will fix the problems with the light status not being set after group commands. Part of the fix requires that the links of all lights to be read.
This can be done by clicking the "Read" button on the "Receive Comp" tab, or be removing and readding the light.

thank you jim, work perfect now . louis/ avdcorpny

Return to “UPB”