Run time error-Type mismatch

ccap

Postby ccap » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:24 am

pacman wrote:CCAP

It is unfortant that the plug in broke just as you were trying to use it, Mario and Jermey have allways been quick to fix or add new ablitys to the plug in. I am sure it will be taking care of shortly. I havent had much of a chance to test the latest release, I went to try today but could not get in on the user login area to download the latest version. I will send you the latest version I had running tommorow if Mario doesn't get it fixed by tommorow. I have to go to my clients tommorow and I will be able to confirm what versions was the last working versions before the break.

you might have to try and reset your PIMM

To do this:
Press the set 5 times, then press again 10 times while the light is blinking...blinking should change color, then press set button 2 more times.
This will reset UPB and you should now be able to connect from our UPB driver.

James

Thanks James. It is rather frustrating paying for a product that doesn't work. :(

I also had that same issue with not being able to log in to get the latest release.

I will send you an email so you can forward me the last known working copy. Can I just re-install over or do I have to do anything special

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:34 am

OK - we've rolled back the UPB driver to xxx.630 for now.
We'll be doing smaller incremental updates to see if we can get back some of the newer functionality that was added since .630 in hopes of figuring out what happened.

Can everyone who has had problems report back so we can confirm that the PIMM is responding and all controls are functioning again?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

psaport

Postby psaport » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Mario,
I have just installed the rollback upb drivers, and having similar results. Still not working. Same results reported previously.Coincidentally at the time I upgraded the upb drivers I downloaded and installed the latest mllighting family plugin as well. Suggest maybe we could try rolling back the mllighting family plugin.<-----------
One additional note on the mlserver startup hanging, if i disable the mlmatrixswitcher plugin then the system will load after a long delay. With the matrixswitcher plugin enabled the mllighting plugin will load and the system actually hangs at the loading of mlmatrixswitcher. Again I think it would be worth while to check with previous version of mllighting family plugin. I currently am running mllighting family plugin 1.0.928

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Back up and running again :D

CCAP

I also had trouble when going back to the versions I sent you, the plug in would load and show all the version I listed below (that I sent you in the email) but when trying to connect to the PIMM it would shut down ml server.

1.0925 ML family plug in
1.1.0.67 ML Family Properties DLL
1.0.0.272 UPBIO Control DLL
1.0.0.630 UPBControl.DLL
1.0.0215 UPB light Control DLL

So Here is what I did I deleted the following folder and files

1) (MLLighting the whole folder) C:\Program
Files\MLServer\plugins\MLLighting

2) ( MLLighting.dll) C:\Program Files\MLServer\plugins\MLLighting.dll

3) (MDBfile) C:\Program Files\MLServer\data\mllighting

4) (mllighting.ldb) C:\Program Files\MLServer\data\mllighting.ldb

Then I rebooted the computer

Mlserver came up so when I went into the plug in it crashed MLServer again, so I reloaded the server and this time before connecting to the PIMM I did a reset on the PIMM 5 clicks, 10 clicks, and 2 clicks nad try to connect and it worked. I hade to put in the network id and password (that I programmed originally in upstart)and clicked the save button and it asked me if I wanted to program the devices I said yes and you should see the network id change on the left side of the colume. I then loaded my upe file and tried to control the manaully control the lights through the plug in, and it works!!!

Hope this helps give me a call if you need any help

780 668-8255

psaport

Status Update

Postby psaport » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Could not get things to work with the 1.0.0928 version of ML family plug in.
Was able to get it back working as it was before update by installing the 1.0.0.925 ML family plug in and registering it. AGAIN I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE CHANGES THAT WERE MADE TO THE MLLIGHTING FAMILY PLUGIN BETWEEN VERSION 925 AND VERSION 928, MAYBE THE LATEST RELEASED UPB DRIVERS ARE WORKING IT MIGHT JUST BE SOMETHING FUNNY WITH THE 928 FAMILLY PLUGIN UPDATE.

ccap

Postby ccap » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Well. I am back to where I started. When I go to add a device, aka UPB Dimmer, it cant find it and then it gives me Run Time error 13.

I am VERY worn out by this and a PAID piece of software should at least work at some level!! :x

I am very dissappointed by this. I can't even try to build my system because I am too frustrated by this not working!!

Mario, Please refund me my money until such time as you fix this!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Cap

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:50 am

Hi Chris,

Sorry for your troubles. We had a very stable UPB plugin working prior to the last release where we were attempting to add additional functionality based upon a request from a customer.

Ideally you can continue to help us find out what the problem is by providing more detail of what versions you are on. We'd also love a copy of your mllighting.mdb file. Are you importing any UPE file created with upstart? Do you have a phase coupler installed in your home?

Have you rolled back to .925 of the MLLighting Family? If not, we will be posting that version soon.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccap

Postby ccap » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:12 pm

I have not imported any UPE file from UpStart. I have rolled back to the previous driver and ML Lighting family.

Version 1.0.925 ML Lighting
Version 1.0.630 UPB PlugIn

What I did is follow the privious post by deleting all traces of the ML software including the database, then I reset the UPB device and re-installed the versions above.

When I started the software, it saw the PIMM device and stayed connected. All seems to be good.

Now I added a device and it tried to find the device but no luck. After I hit the confirmation box that it couldn't find the device, thats when I received the Run Time Error 13 and then I have to shut down ML Server in order to exit the ML Lighting Plug in.

I never tried to import the file from UpStart....Maybe this is the solution, because I know trying to add devices, causes it to crash

ccap

Postby ccap » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Here is what I pull out of the log file when I deleted a device in the ML Plugin and it gave me the Run Time Error again

11/14/2007 4:19:53 PM Error tmrCmd_Timer Error# 440 - Automation error raised by tmrCmd_Timer
11/14/2007 4:20:00 PM Error MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS function in plugin MLLighting Error# -2147418105 - Automation error
The callee (server [not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed. raised by MLServer function cmdSettings_Click attempting to call SETTINGS functi

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:28 pm

ccap,

Can you email me your mllighting.mdb file?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:07 am

Hi
CCAP

I just PM you these instructions on how to generate and import an UPE file

To create a UPE file you will need to open your upstart file and then go to file menu at the top and chose export. Choose a location (Desk top etc.) and name it. It will now be an UPE file.

Next right click the MLlighting plug in with in MLServer and choose settings. You should have a controller listed if you have allready use the plug in, If not creat one highlight the controler and click the control button. click the network tab and click the load UPE file and browse to where you saved your UPE file and hit open and you should see all the lights import.

Hope this helps

James

ccap

Postby ccap » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:27 pm

Mario,

I sent you the mdb file this morning. Any luck???

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:22 am

Thanks for the file. We're looking at it today.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 am

OK Everone.

There have been updates to both MLLighting Family and the UPB Driver.

If you are starting from scratch, it's probably a good idea to delete your mllighting.mdb file before installing the Family plugin.

Let us know how things go.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Mario

If people are up and running with previous working versions maybe they shouldn't update to prevent and problems until all beta testers have gone through it

If people are having problems welcome to the beta tester group and hopefully we can get things back, with the upgrades to the plug in that originally caused the problem to begin with.

James

Return to “UPB”