Insteon versus UPB

wireless

Insteon versus UPB

Postby wireless » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:31 pm

I've noticed that the UPB section of the forum seems to be quiet compared to the Insteon group. Is that because

A) Fewer users

Or

B) UPB works and the plugin is rock solid.

Does status update correctly when a switch is pressed locally? Is the PIM reliable and never (almost never) loses communication with the PC?

Really looking for feedback from those who have used both.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Probably both...fewer users, more solid and mature system.

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 pm

I was looking at this as well since we may be moving which would give me the chance to "start over" with the "best" solution. hope this thread gets traction.
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:04 am

Hi Everyone

I would like to thank Mario and Jeremy for all the updates this week, as we have been working together on improving this plug in, adding features, and fixing bugs.

With our automation business we need to have as close as possible a turnkey solution so we are not wasting time reinventing the wheel on every installation.

Thanks to Mario and Jeremy great work and support!!! I have built screens that will accomplish this for our business. I can't say enough about the support Cinemar has from Cinemar team to all the users on the forum, top notch in my books AAA service.

As for the plug in I am still putting it through it's paces but I can say it very close to having everything worked out. I will comment more in the next few days after more testing.

James Paquin

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:38 pm

pacman wrote:I will comment more in the next few days after more testing.

any more news?

Does UPB immediately report when a switch is manually turned on/off? One of the things I don't like about Insteon is that you have to wait for the "polling interval" before you really know if something is on or off.
Kirk

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 am

Does UPB immediately report when a switch is manually turned on/off? One of the things I don't like about Insteon is that you have to wait for the "polling interval" before you really know if something is on or off.

Yes the UPB does report instantly when you use a manual switch, it will report a on, off or % level.

I found a few more little issues that I need to tell Mario about to get them fixed but I am very impressed with the plug in and the capabilities. I have been very busy with installation as of late so sorry for the delay in this post

James Paquin

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Pacman, would love to hear your expereinces! It looks as though we might be moving so I will have a clean slate to start from (ugg) and it would be great to hear how its going for you!
Kirk

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:02 am

>>bump<<
Kirk

Return to “UPB”