How do I get my UPB plugin working.

Event5

How do I get my UPB plugin working.

Postby Event5 » Sat May 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi,
Kind of new to Main Lobby, have purchased the UPB plugin and have downloaded it and the Lighting plugin. I can't find documentation/instructions on configuring the UPB plugin. Sales info says it can look at my UPstart and give me some sort of control buttons bassed on my UPstart.
Can you help
Thanks
Dave

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 05, 2007 2:54 pm

You will get documentation with the MLLIghting plugin (required for the UPB driver). This gets installed to the mlserver\documentation directory when you install the MLLighting Device Family Manager plugin. It is not UPB specific, but handles the commands for all MLLighting supported device drivers like INsteon / UPB and soon ZWave.

Event5

Postby Event5 » Sat May 05, 2007 3:02 pm

THANKS!!! for the quick response. I was looking in the Cinemar folders and didn't find any docs
Got the lighting plugin docs now. Off we go!!!
Thanks
Dave

Event5

Postby Event5 » Sat May 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Well so much for "off we go" The docs I found give samples of scrips but I do not see anything that tells how to config the connection?
Dave

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 05, 2007 4:51 pm

It's been a while since I worked with UPB so these are generalities. Hopefully someone with more current recollection can chime in.

You plug in the UPB PLC controller into the serial or USB port of the MLServer PC. You load the UPStart software on that PC and configure the UPB devices as per the UPStart / UPB core installation instructions.

You install the MLLighting Device Manager within MLServer.

You install the UPB driver which installs to the MLServer\MLLighting directory.

You launch MLServer and right click on the MLLighting plugin and click Settings.

Add a Controller in the top (UPB).

From there on, you then follow the MLLIghting docs.

Event5

Postby Event5 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:05 pm

Oh, the old right click... I have an existing UPB system so with what you just wrote I found the list of Plugins and did a right click on the MLLighting and WaLa I found the connection info.
Thanks, I think I will get there, but Im off to work now so, it will be another day.
Thanks
Dave

Return to “UPB”