Synchronizing Controller Now - doesn't complete

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Synchronizing Controller Now - doesn't complete

Postby Funboy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:49 pm

I've installed the MLLightingFamily Plug in and the MLUPB plug in.

After adding a controller, when I go to the Network tab and import my UPE file, I get a message that states "File has been imported successfully", then I get a message that states "Synchornizing controller now. This may take several minutes."

Well, that synchronizing message doesn't go away ever. Anybody know why?

The sync window only closes if I close down MLServer. When I restart MLServer, and take a look at MLLighting, my lights are listed in the LIGHTS grid. However when I go to the CONTROL window for a particular light, the "Network ID" is blank and I am unable to get a Status - it never returns after I click Check Now.

And if I try to add a light manually, it never seems to find the device, even though upstart is able to fully control the device.

Any ideas what is going on?
- Funboy

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Postby AVDCORPNY » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:12 pm

ok first when you setup the upb plugin, you have to program upb control unit. it should have a little hole on the side that you push 3 time and get a red light and then you push it 10 times and you should get a green light.
now your in program mode.
now in the upb plugin add upb control and hit connect, then type in the network like 125 and then the password.
you should get the message program now, say yes.
after you do that you should is a signal that you are connected
now you can import the upb file and it should work.

louis tech support / avdcorpny

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Synching problem

Postby Funboy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Louis,

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't work either.

When I bring up the upbplugin - add controller page, I can connect to the controller. And I get the correct network ID back from the controller. So that would indicate the plugin can communicate with the controller.

And you shouldn't have to enter anything into the network/password entry if you don't need to change it.

If I try and import the UBE file, I then get the "synch controller" message and it doesn't go away.

HELP!!!
- Funboy

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Re: Synching problem

Postby AVDCORPNY » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Funboy wrote:Louis,

Thanks for the info, but that doesn't work either.

When I bring up the upbplugin - add controller page, I can connect to the controller. And I get the correct network ID back from the controller. So that would indicate the plugin can communicate with the controller.

And you shouldn't have to enter anything into the network/password entry if you don't need to change it.

If I try and import the UBE file, I then get the "synch controller" message and it doesn't go away.

HELP!!!

we had the same problem you had, when we first try the plugin
but when we did the steps we told you about the plugin work find
so i would start from the begin and is should work, we have try this a few time and it works every time.
also the first thing is to put the upb unit in program mode first, then connected, then put the network id and password in that you setup in upb light program it must match the network you set up in upstart light program. then save it when the unit is in program mode, the network id and password will show on the bottom, then once you know you have the right id and pasword and you are connect right, then you can import the upb file and it will Syn.
(also make sure that you have programed all the light in the upstart up program and that there are working right)you must do this first before working with the plugin.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

It worked!!

Postby Funboy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Well, just when I was about to give up, it worked.

I now have full control of all my UPB devices via ML. Very kool!!

Louis, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
- Funboy

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Re: It worked!!

Postby AVDCORPNY » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Funboy wrote:Well, just when I was about to give up, it worked.

I now have full control of all my UPB devices via ML. Very kool!!

Louis, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

did what it tell you help

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yes and no

Postby Funboy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Yes and no.

I was setting the unit into programming mode by clicking the set button 5 times. Each time I tried, I got the synch controller message box and it wouldn't go away.

So I tried connecting and importing without putting the controller into programming mode and it worked.

Strange. But at least it's working now.

Thanks for your assistance.
- Funboy

Return to “UPB”