UPB Blink Lights

bpet

UPB Blink Lights

Postby bpet » Wed May 08, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm using the UPB Family Device Driver(latest version of MLServer) and it works great; however, having an issue getting the lights to blink...like a panic mode. I am setting up an MLServer macro to blink all lights on and off for 10 minutes after the burglar alarm is triggered, to attract attention at night. I see the On/Off commands, but not a 'blink' command. I tried to just use the 'on', wait 2 seconds, and then use the 'off' repeatedly...but MLServer will not proceed to the 'off' command until the UPB driver receivers the feedback from each light to indicate that the 'on' was sent successfully - this takes a while - maybe 30 seconds or more? Any ideas on how to accomplish blinking UPB lights? Thanks in advance!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UPB Blink Lights

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 am

UPB has a native Blink command. I just modified the driver to add this command. Lighting|<<id>~Bink~Rate (0..255) will start blinking the light at the specified rate. The Blink command will not attempt to get status from each light so you should be able to blink a whole slew of lights rather quickly. Let me know if it works.

bpet

Postby bpet » Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Works perfectly! I think that, along with the alarm siren, would drive a burglar nuts :)

Thanks for the quick fix!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu May 09, 2013 3:02 pm

bpet wrote:Works perfectly! I think that, along with the alarm siren, would drive a burglar nuts :)

Thanks for the quick fix!

Cool for parties too! No need to buy a strobe light. :)
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “UPB”