Feature Request

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Feature Request

Postby sbuckler » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 am

I have been using this plugin on my 4308ci flawlessly for some time. Is it possible to add a command to select HDMI audio and toggle or discreetly select between AMP or TV. Currently I have a macro using IR to navigate to my choice by using Menu>Right arrow> Up arrow.....etc. The problem with this is if I have been in the menu system and do not leave the menu at HDMI, the macro takes me to places and changes settings I do not want. Great work on this plugin, by the way.

Stan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm not quite sure what those IR commands are doing. Are they just selecting a different input source? I do not see anything in the protocol document that speaks about HDMI sources.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I just use the USBUIRT to navigate through the Denon menu to change the HDMI audio back and forth between TV and Amp. I was hoping there would be a direct command available to select TV or AMP. I will just re-work some wiring and approach it in different way. Thanks

Stan

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm not saying it cannot be done. I just don't know what exactly it is switching. I was wondering what the screen says you are doing when you issue those commands. I then may be able to equate that to a serial command.

sbuckler
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby sbuckler » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:02 pm

It switches between the HDMI audio going to the TV speakers or through the amp. Currently I am using a macro sending a series of ir commands something like....Menu>right arrow>up arrow>up arrow> up arrow>right arrow>right arrow>down arrow>select. I was out of all digital audio inputs and needed to use the audio through the hdmi. I have since incorporated a component with optical switcher and solved the problem. I just didn't know if there was a serial command to get there directly. Thanks for your attention, Dave.

Stan

edit: If you want to know the exact process and screen progression I can get that to you, but this is no longer an issue for me...maybe someone else?

Return to “Denon”