Denon receiver is not reconnecting to MLServer

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Denon receiver is not reconnecting to MLServer

Postby pete_auto » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Dave,

In the Denon version 3.99, it seems that the "connect and disconnect" issue has come back. Intermittently, I find my receiver (3908CI) disconnected, and all variables values show up as blank. I have to then re-boot the receiver - then it works.This is happening a lot with the 3.99 version.

Can you please take a look.

Thanks in advance.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Dave, did you have a chance to look at the above mentioned issue (connect and disconnect)? This problem still exists with the MLDenon 3.99.

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Every 5 seconds the Denon plugin attempts to see if it is connected to the receiver and if it is it will try to get status. What are you seeing in the Denon event log? If you have to restart the receiver it sounds like its telnet port might be shutting down.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Dave,
I just sent you the logs. I know this was an issue a while ago, and you had done some change to the plug-in to fix that.
Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah the change was to look every 5 seconds. This hasn't changed. The only recent change was to support newer protocol commands.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Dave,
Sorry to bring this up again, but are you able to take a look if the "5 second look" you had implemented in a previous MLDenon version is broken? This problem very much exists for me. Everytime I close the Server, and then re-start, Denon receiver does not connect - until I switch off and on (reboot) the receiver. I have attached the log from today where you will see the "socket" errors. Then around 9.55 PM, I switched the receiver off and on - and you can see that MLServer recognized it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Denon”