pete,
MLInstaller says 3.0.150 is the current Denon plugin version
Did you update MLInstaller's content?

Are you running the latest MLInstaller version? 1.0.51

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:44 pm

I can see it now. Actually, I did update the MLInstaller, and am running 1.0.51. Don't know what happened - obviously I must have done somthing wrong.

I was able to download the latest Denon plug-in. Will try to get it to work tomorrow - too late now... :D

Thanks Dave !!!

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:13 pm

I tried to get it to work, but am still getting the same error message as before:
"Could not send command - device not connected"
"Command: AVR~Power~Standby"
"Sx: PWSTANDBY"
"TCP/IP Slot is 0"
"Could not send command. Device not connected"

IP Port is set to 23 as suggested by Dave earlier.

I know the receiver (3808 CI) is correctly connected to the network as I can ping the IP address, as well as get to the Denon's web server.

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:39 pm

I had some success with getting the Denon plug-in to work, but this one problem is driving me nuts. I desperately need help to get this working.

I am using the latest version and connecting via IP.

Upon opening MLServer, the Denon variables (Power, Z1 Power etc) are generated – but only if the receiver is already on. If the receiver is off, no variables are generated, and the event log generates an error “Could not connect to receiver via IP within allotted time”. Does this mean that the receiver always needs to be on???

The following test command to turn power off works, as do other commands:

AV.Denon AVR 3808 CI|Power~Standby

However the Power “On” command DOES NOT work after receiver has been put on Standby mode – I believe because it does not recognize the receiver if it is off.

How do we solve this problem? I could not find anything in wiki or the forum about this.

Thanks in advance.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am

pete_auto wrote:I had some success with getting the Denon plug-in to work, but this one problem is driving me nuts. I desperately need help to get this working.

I am using the latest version and connecting via IP.

Upon opening MLServer, the Denon variables (Power, Z1 Power etc) are generated – but only if the receiver is already on. If the receiver is off, no variables are generated, and the event log generates an error “Could not connect to receiver via IP within allotted time”. Does this mean that the receiver always needs to be on???

The following test command to turn power off works, as do other commands:

AV.Denon AVR 3808 CI|Power~Standby

However the Power “On” command DOES NOT work after receiver has been put on Standby mode – I believe because it does not recognize the receiver if it is off.

How do we solve this problem? I could not find anything in wiki or the forum about this.

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem and I believe there is a setting to take the receiver out of power saver mode. When in power saver mode the receiver totally shuts off instead of really going into standby. That fixed my similar issue with a 4308CI.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi digitaltrader,

Yes you are correct. I found the setting in the Denon manual, and switched off the power save setting. Once I did this, it was recognized by the plug-in.

How is one to know :idea:

Thanks very much for the insight.

Return to “Denon”