Would be great if the Denon plugin could access XM song info

grpalmer

Would be great if the Denon plugin could access XM song info

Postby grpalmer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 am

I have been running the Denon plugin for a few months now, and find it works really great! I just installed a plug-n-play XM receiver into my Denon AVR-4306 to access XM radio in my home. I am also running the Russound plugin. I am looking for a way to get the XM current track information displayed on the Russound Keypads that have selected XM radio.

I was looking at the Event list for the Denon plugin, and it appears that the plugin is being sent the XM info as follows:

TMCH NAME: The currently playing channel
TMARTIST: The currently playing artist
TMTITLE: The currently playing track.

It would be really awesome if this information could be captured into some variables, in the same way that the Denon tuner frequency is captured into a variable which can be accessed by the plugin.

It would be even better if this could be integrated into XM Lobby somehow, but as a short-term solution, just exposing these XM variables would be very useful, as I could then take the contents of the variables, and display the information on my Russound keypads.

If anyone else has the Denon plugin, and is using XM (through the Denon), please indicate if you would be interested in seeing the XM information exposed in a couple of new variables.

Cheers,

George

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:01 am

Hi George, we have had a working proof of concept to do what you ask, but need to do another full lap of work to get it worthy of public use. Something that is on the radar, but not highest priority. The high priority things are getting tidied up now to open up some bandwidth to finish things like XM variables being exposed.

grpalmer

Could I scrape the XM Song info from the Event file???

Postby grpalmer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:11 am

Hi Dave,

I completely understand that there is a lot on your plate, and that even though it seems simple to just add a couple of additional variables to the plugin, it takes time, and lots of testing to get even the simplest changes done.

Could you suggest a process for me to scrape the TMCH NAME, TMARTIST and TMTITLE from the event file in semi-realtime? Does the event list get written to a log file in realtime? If so, could I pipe that file into a script or small routine that would look for the desired tags and then load the following text strings into a variable?

Any assistance or advise would be greatly appreciated Dave.

Cheers,

George

Return to “Denon”