Denon 5800 onscreen/optical problem

Ejody

Denon 5800 onscreen/optical problem

Postby Ejody » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:29 pm

I've searched archives and threads with no luck here. I have a new Sony SXRD 70", and am re-setting up my home theater system. The monitor out that feeds the onscreen from the AVR 5800 doesn't seem to be working now-- no video. I've tried both S-VHS and composite video cables to no avail. Any thoughts?

I need to reasssign some inputs (change from coax to optical) and I don't know how I can do this if I can't see what the remote is commanding!

Also the optical inputs don't seem to always respond to the the input--TiVo optical out seems to be pretty random as to which of the assigned optical ins will work with it.

Maddening.
:(

jmorris644

Re: Denon 5800 onscreen/optical problem

Postby jmorris644 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Ejody wrote:I've searched archives and threads with no luck here. I have a new Sony SXRD 70", and am re-setting up my home theater system. The monitor out that feeds the onscreen from the AVR 5800 doesn't seem to be working now-- no video. I've tried both S-VHS and composite video cables to no avail. Any thoughts?

I need to reasssign some inputs (change from coax to optical) and I don't know how I can do this if I can't see what the remote is commanding!

Also the optical inputs don't seem to always respond to the the input--TiVo optical out seems to be pretty random as to which of the assigned optical ins will work with it.

Maddening.
:(

I am not quite sure if I fully understand what you are asking for. If you are calling the plugin the remote then yes, you can see what is output by looking at the log.

Regarding the optical inputs and lack of output it sounds like either your receiver has gone bad or it is way out os sync with itself. With my 3805 there is a way to reset the receiver back to factory default. It is sounding like you may wish to do that.

Joe

Ejody

Postby Ejody » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm

I am not quite sure if I fully understand what you are asking for. If you are calling the plugin the remote then yes, you can see what is output by looking at the log.

Regarding the optical inputs and lack of output it sounds like either your receiver has gone bad or it is way out os sync with itself. With my 3805 there is a way to reset the receiver back to factory default. It is sounding like you may wish to do that.

Joe

I am referring to the Denon RC-8000 remote control.

And with the remote control being currently unviewable on the TV screen, I am quite limited as to what I can do-- including doing a factory reset.

Any guess as to why I have no onscreen image?

jmorris644

Postby jmorris644 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:12 pm

Ejody wrote:

Joe

I am referring to the Denon RC-8000 remote control.

And with the remote control being currently unviewable on the TV screen, I am quite limited as to what I can do-- including doing a factory reset.

Any guess as to why I have no onscreen image?

I am guessing that you set the video input to something that you have nothing plugged into.

I think the factory reset is done through the front panel. Also, doesn't the 5800 have a front display? It serves the same purpose as the on screen display.

Joe

Ejody

Postby Ejody » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:57 am

I am guessing that you set the video input to something that you have nothing plugged into.

I think the factory reset is done through the front panel. Also, doesn't the 5800 have a front display? It serves the same purpose as the on screen display.

Joe

I wish it was so simple, Joe! It's all connected properly, just nothing's coming out.

The 5800 does have some very basic and minimal display info on the front, but nothing approaching the info from the onscreen display. It's too basic to help this process.

jmorris644

Postby jmorris644 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm

Ejody wrote:

Joe

I wish it was so simple, Joe! It's all connected properly, just nothing's coming out.

The 5800 does have some very basic and minimal display info on the front, but nothing approaching the info from the onscreen display. It's too basic to help this process.

Sorry, I am out of ideas.

Joe

Return to “Denon”