Denon 5805 Control via Ethernet and Beta Plug In

seanbrwn427

Denon 5805 Control via Ethernet and Beta Plug In

Postby seanbrwn427 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:26 am

I have been revamping my ML Install with the newer version (had been running the 2.X until this week). I had been using MLGeneric Serial to control my Denon for the last year and a half with much success. I have to say the Ethernet Control is very nice. A couple of things are acting strangely however;

1. The Denon Control works fine for a period of time and then the Plug in stops responding. I think it may be related to a grander problem but still not sure. I am also migrating everything from a Slinke to the Global Cache box and notice it also quits working after a couple of hours. But wanted to provide the feedback. Has anyone else noticed the Denon plug in simply stop working?

2. Power On / Standby functions intermittently.

3. Syncronize does not populate but the Volume control does get the feedback and works great. Not sure if you want me to send a log or anything to review but willing to do so.

Overall the plug in is sweet. After it is finalized how will we get a non-evaluation version? It makes this much easier to configure than having to refer to a bunch of commands written down in a tech document. Love it! Thanks guys

jmorris644

Re: Denon 5805 Control via Ethernet and Beta Plug In

Postby jmorris644 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:48 pm

seanbrwn427 wrote:I have been revamping my ML Install with the newer version (had been running the 2.X until this week). I had been using MLGeneric Serial to control my Denon for the last year and a half with much success. I have to say the Ethernet Control is very nice. A couple of things are acting strangely however;

1. The Denon Control works fine for a period of time and then the Plug in stops responding. I think it may be related to a grander problem but still not sure. I am also migrating everything from a Slinke to the Global Cache box and notice it also quits working after a couple of hours. But wanted to provide the feedback. Has anyone else noticed the Denon plug in simply stop working?

2. Power On / Standby functions intermittently.

3. Syncronize does not populate but the Volume control does get the feedback and works great. Not sure if you want me to send a log or anything to review but willing to do so.

Overall the plug in is sweet. After it is finalized how will we get a non-evaluation version? It makes this much easier to configure than having to refer to a bunch of commands written down in a tech document. Love it! Thanks guys

At this pint I do not plan on releasing the thernet version. Only a serial version. I have found too much instability with the ethernet connection.

The latest version should be working well with the serial connection.

Joe

seanbrwn427

Postby seanbrwn427 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Wellll,
Thats OK! Because my Neteon GW212 Just Arrived. Installed the software, plugged it in serial to the Denon and Ethernet the other end. Configured Virtual Serial Port. Stated ML Server, set the ML Denon stuff to the configured Com port and pow! It works like a champ. These little Neteon boxes are terrific.

jmorris644

Postby jmorris644 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm

seanbrwn427 wrote:Wellll,
Thats OK! Because my Neteon GW212 Just Arrived. Installed the software, plugged it in serial to the Denon and Ethernet the other end. Configured Virtual Serial Port. Stated ML Server, set the ML Denon stuff to the configured Com port and pow! It works like a champ. These little Neteon boxes are terrific.

Good news!! I will have to check those out.

Joe

Return to “Denon”