Component Video Switchers

Tell others how you're using DVDLobby
davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:29 pm

Here is the switcher I am using. Doesn't look that pretty, but great price and functionality. 4 x 2 component matrix switcher with coax and optical inputs too. It will even convert coax to optical and vice versa. All for $200.

http://www.video-storm.com/
http://www.hdtvsupply.com/vics4maswfrs.html

Dave

TKelley

Postby TKelley » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:47 am

I've been using the Zektor HDS4.2 with the RS232 option for my component switching. I haven't used the RS232 to control the device yet, just haven't gotten around to it.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:04 am

I'm using a Impact Acoustics 6x2 (Also branded as cables to go).
At $100 each a veritable bargain comes with a remote too! Even after adding shipping to the UK and VAT still well worth the modest outlay.

Buy two and a set of component splitters ($4ea on ebay) and you have a bargain 6x4 matrix.

Two minor drawbacks no RS232 control, IR only. Digital audio is optical only.

Unit switches channel even when off, even though output is off! So when it is turned on channel has changed. Makes tracking easier via state variables but is a gotcha nonetheless.

Rack mount kit is a pair of brackets but the unit isn't rack friendly as it does't mate upto other components. Again makes input 6 on the front panel accessible but for anyone who is anally retentive about their racks looks will cause some minor anxiety.

Not perfect but for the budget concious with lots of sources can't beat the VFM these units offer.

Return to “How are you using DVDLobby?”