movie loading scene

Tell others how you're using DVDLobby
jlp-cinemar

Postby jlp-cinemar » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:22 pm

I was "lucky" enough to get the open box special. :( Boy was it special - no output from the Cr connector for the component connections - made the girl in fifth element have green/yellow hair instead of red.

Had to contact eCost and then they had me talk to Sony to get a case number. No fix so I am in the middle of returning it to eCost and getting a replacement unit. Hope this process goes smoothly

john

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:26 pm

Thanks for posting the feedback. I actually discussed with an eCost sales person that it seemed unlikely to me that their "technicians" actually hooked the returned gear up to a display and played a DVD on every one of them before selling them "as is". He, of course, argued that they did. I would prefer to have been wrong on this... for your sake. :cry:

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:51 pm

Sorry you got burned. That's a real shame. Keep us up to speed on how the process goes. They should give you a new one for the open box price.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:04 pm

"made the girl in fifth element have green/yellow hair instead of red."
She would have been hot with green /yellow AND red hair...

jlp-cinemar

Postby jlp-cinemar » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:09 am

Update on eCost return. Finally got the RMA number to ship back the broken unit. For some reason it takes 3 days. In the meanwhile my replacement unit shows up. I went ahead and had eCost ship out another unit, before geeting my RMA number. The downside is that 2 charges will show up on my charge card before the credit shows up (i hope), but i did it to make sure they gave me a replacement unit at the same price as the original open box special.

Well the replacement unit gives a new meaning to open box special!! The box was split open on two corners. The UPS guy was hesitant about delivering it and wanted to know if I wanted to refuse delivery. Well, I was able to see the unit clearly through the open box corners and strangely enough it looked okay so I accepted it. I just finished hooking it up and everything seems fine except there was no remote with it.

Now I have to call eCost one more time and ask them if it okay to keep the remote from the return unit - what a hassle. Will keep you posted on the results.

John

Return to “How are you using DVDLobby?”