Announcing: MusicLobby 3

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:12 pm

smoothtlk wrote:Yes, Barry, the third generation TT plugin is now available for Beta testers. We are trying to put together some basic docs to explain the new capabilities. Hoping for today sometime, depending on how my Michigan winterizing goes :)
Come on Smooth how long can winterizing take? I winterized earlier this week and it only took me about 10 seconds to put on a long-sleeved shirt. :wink:

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:20 pm

MurrayW wrote:
smoothtlk wrote:Yes, Barry, the third generation TT plugin is now available for Beta testers. We are trying to put together some basic docs to explain the new capabilities. Hoping for today sometime, depending on how my Michigan winterizing goes :)
Come on Smooth how long can winterizing take? I winterized earlier this week and it only took me about 10 seconds to put on a long-sleeved shirt. :wink:

Or you could move here to Tucson. No winterizing needed at all :D

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:43 pm

Winterizing in Michigan for me is an all weekend deal (and then some). One of the joys of living on a lake is winterizing (and springizing) all of the water toys.

But, did manage to get some of the docs written inbetween thaw outs. Just have to verify some syntax issues and we will be there.

Sfreiman, no, no update that I am aware from Todd on Velocity.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:28 pm

Heck, was it even worth to put the water toys in this year?

Seems like you were in front of the computer all summer!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:39 pm

It was worth it for friends and family. So, I guess that makes it worth it to me :)

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:59 pm

and don't forget the "joys" of taking the docks and the boat lifts out of the water :?
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:35 pm

jeffx, one of the nice things about my lake is that it is dam controlled. The water level is dropped about 2 feet which puts my main dock out of the water. The dock that I have the boats on extends out a bit farther, but in 7 years of neglecting it (not pulling it out), it has only had superficial winter damage. Same with the ski boat lift. I do pull the jetski lifts out as they are pretty light.

I did notice that the patio set on the main dock blew off the dock and off into the beach. The tempered glass top shattered, so I will have to shovel a bit to get rid of the glass.

Most of the boats are in the barn ready for winterizing. But I have some time there as the barn is heated.

Well, got the majority of the winterizing done. The MLIrrigation / Rain8Net did a great job in self winterizing the sprinkler system. I put a Grainger brand air solenoid on the water manifold, and through some MLServer MLTimers, I cycled the air thru the zones 3 times alternating Air / Water Valve1, Air / WaterValve2, etc. allowing 3 minute inbetween for the aircompressor to build up again. Pretty slick. I'll post some pics of the air setup maybe tomorrow.

Well, got the MLTheaterTek beta out today. Works nice!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:29 am

Announcing MusicLobby 3 beta with support for MediaCenter 12.

If you are using MC12 (in beta), feel free to try this beta version and post your findings.

Download Link is in first post of this thread.

The musiclobbyserver.ocx was updated in this release.

MC11.1 and MC12 can coexist on same PC. If you have only one MusicLobbyServer license, then shut down MC11.1 and start MC12 so that 12 can use the server license.
This update also is backwards compatible with MC11.1
Be careful on what directory you install the musiclobbyserver.ocx to. If you intend to use both MC11.1 AND MC12, just install as always to the MC11.1 plugins directory. If you remove MC11 install, then you should install in the MC12 plugins directory.
Ie: only ONE directory should have the musiclobbyserver.ocx installed and registered with Windows.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:27 pm

Is there any reason to upgrade MC from 11 to 12 - considering I never see it as it's running on a server? Are there any features that make MuL any better?

Thanks,

Paul.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm

Paul, don't yet know the answer to that question. We haven't had the time to really sink in and figure out what MC12 brings to the mix.

Things I think it brings: Better handling of iPod. This may end up working as another way to talk to an iPod. We have the iPort now, and will be adding more means to work with very popular iPods. Russound looks attractive too.

Libary: I think there are some cool stuff regarding multiple library support.

We just wanted to get MusicLobby 3 to work with MC12 so as not to stop the progress train of the product. No indication that anything is broken by the couple that are testing with it.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:17 am

They did mention that searching had been considerably speeded up - does MuL use their search functions or its own? (May be a benefit there?)

interruptvector

using MC12

Postby interruptvector » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:51 pm

I've tried the latest musiclobby with MC12... It works excellent with one small exception.. The coverart no longer comes up properly in Musiclobby as it did with MC11..

Anyone else have this experience? Any fixes/workarounds?

Thanks

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Thanks. Just catching up on the MC12 details. Haven't had time to test myself. Can anyone else confirm/deny that the cover is the only issue.

BTW, do you have a fairly basic setup or are you doing anything complex such as using J River's Media Server?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

interruptvector

media server...

Postby interruptvector » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:08 pm

I am using the media server. I also had the same configuration when using MC11.. In MC12, the cover art is showing up properly.. The file paths for the artwork are also being correctly referenced to the server.. So it seems like the new musiclobby just isn't picking this info up properly through the plugin or something?

interruptvector

suggestions...

Postby interruptvector » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:20 pm

Are there any suggestions for resolving the cover art issue with MC12 as noted above? Is there anything I can try or do differently?

Thx

Return to “MusicLobby 3”