Music lobby becomes unlicensed if J River is closed

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
billt

Music lobby becomes unlicensed if J River is closed

Postby billt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm

I've had this problem for some time and it's starting to become something of an annoyance.

ML server (currently v3.0.580) is running on one PC, J River v12.0.533 (with Music Lobby server plugin v3.0.135) is running on another. ML server starts, J River starts and works OK with ML server.

Shut down JRMC and restart it and a message saying that it is unlicensed appears in Music lobby and no access is avilable to JRMC via Music Lobby. The only way to regain ML control is to stop and restart MLServer.

A solution to this fault would be appreciated.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:11 pm

As long as the Auto Discover checkbox is checked for each JRiver server the MLMediaCenter plugin should constantly poll for the server to come on line. I cannot reproduce the issue. Could you upgrade to the latest version of the MLMediaCenter plugin and JRiver plugin and test using these versions?

billt

Postby billt » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Upgraded ML server to 3.0.583, ML media center to 3.1.15, J River plugin to 3.0.138 (shows as 3.0.140).

Had to add the J River PC as a media center server in order to get it to work at all, which I don't recall having done before, but it does now seem to reconnect on restarting JRMC.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”