List of outstanding problems in Music Lobby 3

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:22 pm

mcascio wrote:kingdaddy,

What is the license status column report for MLMediaCenter?
Expired or Permanent?

Permanent

mcascio wrote:According to your history, you did pay only once for a MusicLobby 3.0 upgrade over the course of 4 years. I didn't see multiple charges.

Am I required to pay for the new plugin 3.0.138?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Kingdaddy,

No - you don't need to purchase anything more.

I'll have to point Dave to this thread. You might try re-entering your License Key and Activation Key just for kicks and restarting MLServer.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 pm

I think Dave eliminated the broadcast networking in MusicLobbyServer.
double check you are using a static IP address to connect the musiclobbyserver (J River side) to the MLMediaCenter (MLServer side) within the musiclobbyserver settings.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:31 pm

DavidL wrote:I think Dave eliminated the broadcast networking in MusicLobbyServer.
double check you are using a static IP address to connect the musiclobbyserver (J River side) to the MLMediaCenter (MLServer side) within the musiclobbyserver settings.

I dont know how to do that, can someone step me through it?

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:30 am

kingdaddy wrote:
DavidL wrote:I think Dave eliminated the broadcast networking in MusicLobbyServer.

I dont know how to do that, can someone step me through it?
I am sure that one of these links will explain how to set a static ip address.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+set+a+static+ip+address&aq=f&oq=

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 am

If you upgraded to the latest version of the MusicLobby plugins then you need to do some additional configuration after the install. The old broadcast method of trying to find a licensing server was removed. You now need to manually configure the servers in the MLMediaCenter Plugin. All you need to do is create an alias and assign it to the IP Address or Name of the PC running JRiver. Close the plugin dialog and restart MLServer. You do this once for every instance of JRiver.

I am away from my office right now and have limited PC access or I would post some screen shots. I can remote into your PC on Tuesday if you have not done the configuration by then.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 am

First off I have had a great deal of trouble with my Internet connection from AT&T UVERSE and they had me make very specific changes to my connection type, it seems to be sort of a hybrid dynamic and fixed IP address since the first section is checked to find an IP address automatically and the second section has a fixed address, not sure what this means but I’m not changing it considering all the issues I have had.

However:
I finally got it working by reinstalling in this specific order, first Music Lobby plugin then Media Center. Not sure why this has to in this order to work or why I would even have to reinstall Media Center at all. Every time an update is made I tremble and lament on the time I will have to spend to get it working again, last time I lost all my customizations to all my scenes and that cost me a great deal of time and trouble, in fact its still not back to where I was a year ago. It would be nice if future upgrades and updates would just install and actually work without all the fuss. Or at least let some of us keep the older versions and still offer help when there is a problem instead of telling me that I MUST UPGRADE to all the new components before any question is answered. I mean, this makes no sense, if it worked before with a older version and nothing was changed then why must I upgrade and go through all the headaches just to receive any help from Cinemar?

Return to “MusicLobby 3”