Music Lyric plugin display, how are you guys doing it??

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Yes, leave it as {{clientname}}. Also, layers refer to the ML layers and not the button layers... I know, confusing. When you have a button open, look at the "options" tab. There you will see the different layers, 1-4 listed as BackgroundFX, Overlay, RemoteFX and RemoteFX2.

If you are using a higher layer, such as Overlay or Remote you would have had to call that layer as in the example MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayScene~something.mls

You're getting there!

Rick

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 pm

ricks,

Not to steer off track, but in all cases, you should use loadOverlayAdvanced now instead of loadOverlayScene (depricated).

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~loadOverlayAdvanced|0019_nav_home.mls~FXLayer# (1..4)
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:29 pm

Ya, I know. :cry: Hard to teach old dogs new tricks. Especially when the old ones still work.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:34 pm

mcascio wrote:Kingdaddy,

All of the examples and screenshots above that have been posted by others start with:
MLCmd|{{clientname}}~.....

Not sure why you are using:
MLCmd|{{Home}}~...

That's most likely your problem.

Not unless you have a variable in MLServer called Home with the value set to the name of your client - which is very unlikely.

I changed it to Home because thats the name of my server and the clientname version didnt work. Just to make sure I tried it again and it still doesnt work. How do you know what layer # something is on?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Here it is changed back to clientname, still doesnt work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Kingdaddy,

From the looks of it, your Text.Multiline is on the Stage or Level0.

So use the text "stage" or "0".
MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~0~lyrics

Or you should be able use the text "layer" if it is in the same layer as the button the command originates from.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:58 pm

OK, layer 0 worked, I didn’t even know there was a 0 layer, should have I known?

What tells someone what layer something is on, how does one know?

Notice my screen shot, the lyric box is the third one down, I thought that would be considered layer 3.

Thanks for the tip though, works great now but I honestly don’t know how an end user is supposed to know this stuff, Ive read a tone of wiki notes and found nothing to tell me this.

Can you or someone help me get album art background on a page like what rick posted?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Kingdaddy,

As new features are added to MainLobby, they are documented and stored on your machine. Look in Documentation > updatestomanual.txt
This is also displayed every time you install MainLobby. I doubt to many people read it, nor, necessarily remember everything it contains. So reviews from time to time will aid in finding some answers.

Here are some excerpts from that file I found:
Added
* MLText MLCmd now supports "layer" term for targeting the layer from which the command originates
* IE: MLText|ScrollUp~layer~aliasname

There are button layers and FXLayers. You'll find the FX Layers are numbered under the OPTIONS panel. Users can put the MLTExt object on another scene and load it in from the OPTIONS panel. In this case, you need to tell us where what layer that textbox is on. This allows for targeting multiple textboxes on any layer.

* loadoverlayadvanced now supports using numbers for layers
* ie: loadoverlayadvanced|filename~layer
* ie: loadoverlayadvanced|myScene.mls~1
* where 0 = Stage, 1 = BackgroundFX, 2 = OverlayFX, 3 = RemoteFX, 4 = RemoteFX2
* Support for aliasname when calling mltext
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:12 pm

kingdaddy wrote:Here is what it looks like in the button properties after I added the image size, still doesnt work though.

I'm using the Web MLS scene to modify.

I see your problem why the Image is not showing up...

Your object is specified as MLWebWindow - it should be JPGLoader0001.

Click the BROWSE button next to the JPG IMAGE or FLASH (.jpg, .swf) field and that will automatically set it. When using a dynamic image, it's good to just load any image from your hard drive using the BROWSE button first, this will set it to JPGLOADER0001 then paste in your dynamic variable.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:36 pm

mcascio wrote:
kingdaddy wrote:Here is what it looks like in the button properties after I added the image size, still doesnt work though.

I'm using the Web MLS scene to modify.

I see your problem why the Image is not showing up...

Your object is specified as MLWebWindow - it should be JPGLoader0001.

Click the BROWSE button next to the JPG IMAGE or FLASH (.jpg, .swf) field and that will automatically set it. When using a dynamic image, it's good to just load any image from your hard drive using the BROWSE button first, this will set it to JPGLOADER0001 then paste in your dynamic variable.

I successfully loaded a image from my documents and it shows up, but when I put the command in the jpeg/Flash command box it doesn’t work.

Here is the command I am trying to use, does it look correct?
{{mlmediacenter_Home_{{media_{{clientname}}_Zone 1}}_curimage}}|width=650|height=550

Home is my servers name and Zone 1 is the music image I want displayed.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 pm

since we don't have a list of your variables...let's remove the nesting that you have going on:

Start with the following in the image field:
{{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}}

There's a scene in your Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768\ folder called:
0019_media.musiclibrary.page2.mls

Try loading that and see if you get the image to display. It's from 2006 so I'm not sure if it's completely up-to-date but it looks to be.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 pm

mcascio wrote:since we don't have a list of your variables...let's remove the nesting that you have going on:

Start with the following in the image field:
{{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}}

There's a scene in your Cinemar\Content\0019\1024x768\ folder called:
0019_media.musiclibrary.page2.mls

Try loading that and see if you get the image to display. It's from 2006 so I'm not sure if it's completely up-to-date but it looks to be.

Ok, tried it, didnt work. I also loaded the mls scene you mentioned and it did nothing, but if I put "apps\musiclobby.swf" I will see the entire music lobby artwork and song list.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:59 pm

I assume something was playing during your testing?

I would try grabbing the value for the variable {{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}} - then copy / paste that into Internet Explorer.

It will be an http:// address. If it doesn't show up in Internet Explorer - then it won't show up in MainLobby.

Maybe your firewall is blocking port 8123.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:05 pm

mcascio wrote:I assume something was playing during your testing?

I would try grabbing the value for the variable {{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}} - then copy / paste that into Internet Explorer.

It will be an http:// address. If it doesn't show up in Internet Explorer - then it won't show up in MainLobby.

Maybe your firewall is blocking port 8123.

Yes, I'm playing while testing.

I’m not sure I did it right, but I pasted http://{{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}} into internet explorer and it didn’t work, I also turned off my virus protection first, it also handles my firewall.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:09 pm

This is what poped up in the IE window when I hit "Go"

http://%7b%7bmlmediacenter_home_zone%20 ... age%7d%7d/

Just a blank page, no firewall on at all, no virus protection on either.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”