Music Lyric plugin display, how are you guys doing it??

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I hade both versions of Mail Lobby, the newer one (.557) allows white fonts but the older one (447 i think) does not.

Anywho, I still cant get the coverart image to show in the background of a button and I still don’t see how an image will show up in a button anyway, I must be missing something here.

This is the command I found in my MLS "Variable" Window as shown by the screen shot. What am I missing?

{{mlmediacenter_home_zone 1_curimage}}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Here is what it looks like in the button properties after I added the image size, still doesnt work though.

I'm using the Web MLS scene to modify.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

I wouldn't use any web stuff. Just use a plain old button, say one of the first ones in the MainLobby library.

Rick

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:50 pm

ricks wrote:I wouldn't use any web stuff. Just use a plain old button, say one of the first ones in the MainLobby library.

Rick

I already did that on a different scene, no luck at all. I even added a standard button on this scene and put the same command in the Image line of the button, didnt work for me. I'm still doing something wrong.

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 pm

Could be a firewall issue or something related to permissions. Maybe David or DaveP could add more info on that. I'm stumped. :?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:46 pm

How come this don’t work?

apps\musiclobby.swf

That is what is in the Music Lobby image for album art, but it only works in the music lobby scene evidently.

Can anyone at Cinemar verify if there are any known working commands that can give cover art on a blank scene?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:33 pm

I’m not having any luck making anything work, I’ve given up ion the cover art image and went on to the scroll button which is necessary since I cant get the scaling proper to see all the lyrics. However the command posted doesn’t seem to work for me, my DOWN button is on layer 2 and the UP button is on layer 1 so I replaced the 3 in the posted command and added the name “Lyrics” to the Alias of the mtext line that is displaying the lyrics, still nothing works.

Can anyone help?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Here is the scroll button properties.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Quick comment...is that the correct button type for scrollable?
And, the scrollable function was added to that library in a more recent MainLobby 3 client release....make sure you have replaced any old libraries with new.

One way to do that is to install the latest mainlobby client to a "Cinemar_Virgin" directory, and copy the Library files that are LARGER than your current ones. Note that there may be library files in there that are only placeholders (small files). Paste those choices into your Cinemar\Library directory and restart MainLobby3 client.

I don't have a ML system near me to verify which button type is the scrollable one.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 pm

DavidL wrote:Quick comment...is that the correct button type for scrollable?
And, the scrollable function was added to that library in a more recent MainLobby 3 client release....make sure you have replaced any old libraries with new.

One way to do that is to install the latest mainlobby client to a "Cinemar_Virgin" directory, and copy the Library files that are LARGER than your current ones. Note that there may be library files in there that are only placeholders (small files). Paste those choices into your Cinemar\Library directory and restart MainLobby3 client.

I don't have a ML system near me to verify which button type is the scrollable one.

I don’t know if that’s the correct button, you would have to tell me, I can’t find any wiki notes that says what buttons you can use to do what and with what and I have all the latest releases. If installing the newest doesn’t automatically update the library then I don’t think its worth the time of a novice end user like myself to go through the pain of finding out, sounds like a lot of trouble and I’m tired of every update costing me 10-50 hours of hard work just to get it to do what the older version was doing properly.

All I wanted to do was have lyrics since Cinemar added the plugin, and it’s a great idea that can potentially add immense pleasure to music lobby if I can get it to work.

Wouldn’t it be a great idea for Cinemar to make a lyric scene with all the controls preprogrammed and an image button linking to music lobby similar to what rick posted??

I bet it wouldn’t take one of you guys a few minutes; I’ve been working on this for days and have gotten nowhere.

If not then can you or anyone help me select the right buttons for scroll and image as I suspect that the image problem is related to the wrong button as well?

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 pm

You want to use Text.MultiLine. See pic below. Find the correct variable in your MLS variables that show the lyrics you want and copy it into the label line followed by ~xxx~yyy for the size of the textbox.

As for scrolling, I use the following commands in the scroll up and scroll down buttons. Remember from above, the "3" refers to what layer your text.multiline button is in: 1-Background, 2-Overlay, 3-RemoteFX and 4-RemoteFX2. "lyrics" is the alias name of the button.

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrollup~3~lyrics

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~3~lyrics

Text.MultiLine is the Mother of all text boxes. It's sizable, it scrolls and it will get you a cup of coffee!

Hope this helps.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:29 am

ricks wrote:You want to use Text.MultiLine. See pic below. Find the correct variable in your MLS variables that show the lyrics you want and copy it into the label line followed by ~xxx~yyy for the size of the textbox.

As for scrolling, I use the following commands in the scroll up and scroll down buttons. Remember from above, the "3" refers to what layer your text.multiline button is in: 1-Background, 2-Overlay, 3-RemoteFX and 4-RemoteFX2. "lyrics" is the alias name of the button.

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrollup~3~lyrics

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~3~lyrics

Text.MultiLine is the Mother of all text boxes. It's sizable, it scrolls and it will get you a cup of coffee!

Hope this helps.

Yea, I got the Lyrics working in the Mtext box just fine, its the scroll and image that I cant figure out.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Set up a button like the pic below.

What layer are you placing the lyrics multiline textbox on? If not sure, just substitute the number until it works - there's only 4. :D

Such as:

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~1~lyrics
or MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~2~lyrics
or MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~3~lyrics
or MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~4~lyrics

Rick

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks for the help, still cant get the scroll to work though, I'm doing everything your doing as far as I can tell. I've tried layers 1-6 and none work, when I open the layers box the button is the second line down, I suppose that means that it is on layer 2.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Kingdaddy,

All of the examples and screenshots above that have been posted by others start with:
MLCmd|{{clientname}}~.....

Not sure why you are using:
MLCmd|{{Home}}~...

That's most likely your problem.

Not unless you have a variable in MLServer called Home with the value set to the name of your client - which is very unlikely.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MusicLobby 3”