Music Lyric plugin display, how are you guys doing it??

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Music Lyric plugin display, how are you guys doing it??

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm

Has anyone come up with a good way to display Music Lyrics, I cant figure out how to properly display the lyrics, it seems that the only real choice is the Multi Line Text Box which seems to be locked at a Black Font. All other Text boxes won’t display the text in the proper format but will let you change the text color. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Can a separate pop-up window be configured to overlay the Music Lobby 0019 Scene at a touch of the button?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Text.MultiLine is not limited to a black font.

Select the color square next to the label field. Make sure you are not attempting to tint the button within the States panel.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 pm

mcascio wrote:Text.MultiLine is not limited to a black font.

Select the color square next to the label field. Make sure you are not attempting to tint the button within the States panel.

Thanks for your response, Only the Multi line button forces the text to black and I can verify this by selecting the “replace” button in the library. Every other button turns the displayed text to white, but the Multi-Line button makes it black no matter what I do.

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I know this isn't much help but I have mine in white. :? BTW, I'm still on .151.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 pm

ricks wrote:I know this isn't much help but I have mine in white. :? BTW, I'm still on .151.

Can you post a screen shot of what yours looks like?

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 am

Since lyrics takes up so much screen space I use a button from my MuL page to change scenes to a lyrics scene. I use the cover art as a background for the lyrics. Its not pretty but it shows what I did originally. One of these days I'll redesign it. :?

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:54 am

ricks wrote:Since lyrics takes up so much screen space I use a button from my MuL page to change scenes to a lyrics scene. I use the cover art as a background for the lyrics. Its not pretty but it shows what I did originally. One of these days I'll redesign it. :?

Rick

Actually that really nice, how did you get the cover art to show in the background? Also is that the multi line text box and how did you get a scroll bar to work with it?

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm

The coverart is pretty easy. Add any button with "click" unchecked to the scene and then add the following to the "jpg image or flash" line in the button.

{{mlmediacenter_master_{{media_{{clientname}}_audiozone}}_curimage}}|width=650|height=550

In this example, "master" is my server name and "{{media_{{clientname}}_audiozone}} is a variable I use to identify the zone setup in MLMediacenter/J River. I use this variable so I can use the same scene no matter which client I run it on.

Then add Text.MultiLine on top of the coverart with the variable for your lyrics and size it. Also uncheck "click". In the Alias field of the lyrics button add the word lyrics.

Now if you add another button for scroll up, add this command in the MLServer line:

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrollup~3~lyrics

where 3 is the layer the MultiLine textbox is on and "lyrics" is the alias name of the button which contains the lyrics. That's why I put lyrics in the Aias field of the multiline textbox. I use an overlay scene for the lyrics scene so that's why my command has "3". Same thing for a scroll down button but the command would obviously be:

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~mltext|scrolldown~3~lyrics

I will probably use a transparent button across the top 1/4 of the multiline textbox for a scroll up button and same for scroll down at the bottom - a little cleaner look.

Hope this helps.

Rick

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks, I try that. Are you using all the latest builds, because I can’t get my Multi Line Text to show anything but black text, as soon as I change it to white it will momentarily turn white after I hit “apply" then turns back to black. This didn’t happen on the other older versions.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm still on .151 of ML and .551 of MLS.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:13 pm

kingdaddy wrote:Thanks, I try that. Are you using all the latest builds, because I can’t get my Multi Line Text to show anything but black text, as soon as I change it to white it will momentarily turn white after I hit “apply" then turns back to black. This didn’t happen on the other older versions.

Post a screenshot of your states panel for the Text.MultiLine object and your mls file.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Is this what you mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm

ricks!!

I can’t figure this out, my computer name is “Home” and the other working commands have “myclient1” in the path, and zone1. am I supposed to see a picture of the cover art inside the button I added?

Here is the commands I am trying to use, Ive tried many different variations but none work.

{{mlmediacenter_Home_{{media_{{clientname}}_zone1}}_curimage}}|width=650|height=550

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Are you running at least version 3.1.3 of MLMediaCenter? If so, then you should have a list of variables in MLS.

If you open your variables list in MLS and contract your groups then you will see a group called MLMediaCenter. Expand that group and you'll see all of the variables for _curalbum, _curartist, etc. and one for _curimage. Right-click the _curimage variable for the zone you want and select "copy variable with {{}}" and paste it in your button that you want the image in the jpg, swf line. Add |width=650|height=550 at the end for whatever size you want.

Substituting other variables for server and zone is something you can do later if you decide to use one scene for every zone.

Let me know if that works.

Rick

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 am

kingdaddy wrote:Is this what you mean?

Kingdaddy, everything looks good there.

How 'bout posting your button properties panel now?

The only other thing I would recommend is upgrading to MainLobby 3.00.151 - the libraries do get updated along the way from time to time.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”