music lobby server variables -> mlhsplugin

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
jackpod
Intermediate
Intermediate

music lobby server variables -> mlhsplugin

Postby jackpod » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:51 pm

I used to have this working, until I had to do a server upgrade, got everything else working, but forgot to get the variables from J River before the reformat.

What I had/want is artist, album and song title sent thru mlhsplugin to variables in Homeseer, I then take those strings and send them to my betabrite signs.

Its been a long 6 weeks re-ripping my 1300 cd collection (done finally) long story, but I had my database backed up, when I imported, I lost all my album directory structure, all I had was a single long list of 16,177 titles.

So does anyone have the command syntax on how to send the Music lobby server variables to HS. Thats the problem with such a good solid program as MainLobby, once you set it up, you forget what you did because you don't have to mess with it

Thanks

Jack

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:10 am

Jack I assume you are wanting to display the current playing song? If so, then in the MusicLobbyServer Plugin (in j river), put a MLServeCmd in the On song change field. That can be an MLHSPlugin command with the <<Artist>>..

This is described in the MusicLobby wiki.

jackpod
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jackpod » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:44 am

I got it working, had to do it like this
MLServeCmd.macro|mlhsplugin|hs_setdevicestring:m31~<<CURARTIST>>!mlhsplugin|hs_setdevicestring:m32~<<CURALBUM>>!mlhsplugin|hs_setdevicestring:m33~<<CURTITLE>>

Return to “MusicLobby 3”