Jriver database is already in use by another user?

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Jriver database is already in use by another user?

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 pm

I can only open JRiver in a READ ONLY mode as it says

"This database is alead in use by another user. It will be opened in a read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when teh program exits"

What causes this? I dont have any other users. Any idea? So everytime i open JRiver i have to import all my music. Bummer

Thanks!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:21 pm

first guess would be a permissions thing....are you installing and logging in as the same Admin on the PC? Installing stuff to default directories?

Is your music on an unprotected, accessible to all users with permissions drive?

If you're stuff is in Documents and Settings (why do I remember seeing you had stuff in there and "warned" you about that earlier?) then move it out.

Put your music on an "M" partition (create a new partition). Share this to Everyone with read / write permissions. All other PCs map to it as an M drive. Then import into J River. Put your coverart directory on this drive too.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:34 pm

David, yes its still in the my docs directory where its always been. Never had issues. But, I am moving it to another hard drive, F. When we move to the model home, I will set up a seperate PC to handle the media.

Just found it odd it started doing this. I will look at the other recommendations and make sure they follow.

Thanks.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:52 am

I have moved my music folders to an F drive. JRIver still states:

Database Read Only
This database is already in use by another user.
It will open in read-only bode. Any changes will be lost when the program exits.

I have to import everytime I open JRiver. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks.!!

ps. I have no other users and nothing else is accessing the music files.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:17 am

Where is J River installed? The message implies a permissions issue with the database, not necessarily the media files.

Are you logged in as the Admin to the system?

Try rebooting.

What OS?

I am wondering if the "other user" is MusicLobbyServer.

Still implies a permissions thing and something I haven't run into, but then I install as and admin, with default settings and run as an admin.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 am

Nothing has changed that I am aware of. JRiver is still on the same PC as the F drive and cinemar. Only media files are on the F drive. I am logged in as admin, I never change that.

I agree, its a permission issue. I have shut down PC and it still prevails.

OS is XP Media Center. Hmmm, one day last week I did open the windows media center. About the same time I started having this issue, so could be related.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”