No album cover art and cant save playlist since upgrade..

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

No album cover art and cant save playlist since upgrade..

Postby kingdaddy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:57 am

1. Cant get any new cover art to show up in Music Lobby since the upgrade of MLS and MUL. It shows up in MC 12.0.492, but not in MUL. This seems to happen everytime I upgrade anything but the fix is never the same.

2. When I make a play list and give it a name and save it from within MUL it will only save the name and not the songs in the list. I have to go to the Playing now in MC12 and save it.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:36 pm

I can live with the play list problem as there is workaround, however I cant live without cover art in MUL, that’s its primary goal for selection.

Is this a known issue in the new server and MUL plugin, can’t someone at least point me to where to look for the problem?

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Can someone tell me what directory Music Lobby looks at for cover art?

That would give a starting location as it seems to be in a different place then before.

And well hidden at that.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:53 am

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a ZONE issue. Take a look at your musiclobby.ini file and make sure its going to the proper zone, exactly as its set up in jriver.

Another time it was a config issue after reinstalling JRiver as Jriver installed a TV Tuner. (under tools, options, playback in jriver). That hosed my connection and Cinemar Dave knocked that one out.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:42 am

Ranger Home Automation wrote:I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a ZONE issue. Take a look at your musiclobby.ini file and make sure its going to the proper zone, exactly as its set up in jriver.

Another time it was a config issue after reinstalling JRiver as Jriver installed a TV Tuner. (under tools, options, playback in jriver). That hosed my connection and Cinemar Dave knocked that one out.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Unfortunately that didn’t work, I cant find any notation of Zones in the .ini file and J Rivers has it at Zone 1 which is the only zone I run.

I have double checked the old directories of MC11 before the upgrade and made sure the coverart directory in MC12 is pointed to the same place and they are now, but still no coverart. I even deleted them from MC12 and replaced them so they would only be in the coverart directory and cleared chase and still nothing. I also reinstalled MC12, still no workie

I don’t know how to look within Music Lobby or MLS to determine where it is looking for coverart but I have to conclude that it is looking at the same directory it always has since all my old coverart is showing up in MUL.

It would be nice if someone at Cinemar could give a care and at least try to help or try explaining how I’m using it wrong or expecting too much for coverart to show up, I’m getting pretty frustrated with the poor service from Cinemar, I think I’m entitled to some support after paying hundreds of dollars and spending hundreds of hours troubleshooting.

Thanks to the Forum members and Cinemar Dave though, you guys have been great, now if I can just get the moderator to give a damn.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 pm

king, in the ini file has to have a zone reference. its the musiclobby.ini thats in the app folder under you content folder along with the swf. if not, then it cant reference which zone in jriver to display. Sorry if i referenced mainlobby.ini

I feel your pain. Still have unsettled issues. Cinemardave does rock doesnt he?

How is it determined what posts get responded to? If its by favorites, I am way down on the list, LOL. However, your contributions should merit full support.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:51 pm

I found this Musiclobby.ini file under "Cinemar_BU", but it wasnt present in the Cinemar root directory.

serverDomain=localHost&serverPort=7000&startupZone=Zone 1&startupView=thumbnails&button0=thumbnails&button1=valet&button2=shuffle&button3=savePlaylist&showProgress=1&showTransportClip=1&showVolume=0&showElapsed=1&showZone=0&volumecontrolX=398.9&volumecontrolY=39.25&zonecontrolX=773.1&zonecontrolY=15.2&elapsedX=414.25&elapsedY=622.15&progressX=360.05&progressY=651.3&transportX=187.9&transportY=672.6&colorTransRA=7.6&colorTransGA=4.75&colorTransBA=0&colorTransAA=100&colorVolumeRA=0.45&colorVolumeGA=59.75&colorVolumeBA=100&colorVolumeAA=67.5&colorProgressRA=100&colorProgressGA=100&colorProgressBA=100&colorProgressAA=100&nowPlaying1=1&baseScheme=Media Library\&startcredits=0&jukeboxcodeprefix=9999&exitjukeboxcode=99&done=true&

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 am

King, there was a thread about folder structuring. This should be in wiki as the FIRST instruction. The request has been made to add it to wiki as it makes sense since it key to proper functioning. Not sure why it was not done years ago.

I still have questions about file structuring but they have not been replied to. Anyhoot, move your musiclobby.ini and swf to the apps file, ie:

c:\programs\Cinemar\Content\YOURCLIENTFILE\0019\1024x768\apps

In that same file i have dvdlobby, tvlobby,xmlobby ini and swf. I put weatherlobby there to but there is no ini for it. Confuses me but no response on that post asking about it.

Musiclobby is odd sometimes. Example: Playlist has 10 songs, all show coverart in Jriver yet only 8 will show coverart in mainlobby and they all reference the same file location.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Ranger Home Automation wrote: move your musiclobby.ini and swf to the apps file, ie:

c:\programs\Cinemar\Content\YOURCLIENTFILE\0019\1024x768\apps

In that same file i have dvdlobby, tvlobby,xmlobby ini and swf. I put weatherlobby there to but there is no ini for it. Confuses me but no response on that post asking about it.

Those files are already there, so it must be something else. Thanks for the info though, any help is most appreciated as this major problem will completely shut music lobby down for me, I only hope I can find the problem and suffer the disgusting attitude from the bulk of Cinemar’s customer service.

So far the wiki notes have not helped and the entry by ghadlock is intriguing but very scary, I’m horrified at the thought of deleting all my coverart in MC12, every time that has happened it has been a nightmare to get it all back.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:38 pm

OK, here is what I found.

I deleted the coverart from MC12 and told it to delete from hard disc as well, then I used the "Find coverart from internet " option (which I never use, and then it shows up in MUL.

Still don’t know why or what the problem is and I was told by the MC gurus to paste the coverart into the image tag manually to avoid coverart naming issues in the future. Guess I cant do that anymore and I don’t know what I'm going to do when I find an album that MC12 cannot automatically find on the internet. Guess ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, thanks to Ranger Home Automation and any others that posted their suggestions.

On a further note I hope I can expect more help from Cinemar in the future and I hope my gentle complaining wont burn any bridges in the future (if its not too late) as I badly need the support from the Cinemar gurus here. However if this silence and apathy continues I guess it don’t matter what bridge I burn since I wont get any help anyway. Thank God for the forum members though and Cinemar Dave, they have been a life saver and if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t get any ideas at all.

BTW, I still have the issue of not being able to save a play list from within MUL, but I’ll give it a rest for a while and repost that problem after I have thoroughly researched every posted document on the subject so I don’t waste any valuable time of the members here.

Thanks all.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 pm

"Cover Art isn't displaying within MusicLobby

Verify image shows up in Media Center

Make sure you have a socket connection and that Media Center is loaded before MusicLobby (You should see some text above/below cover are display area)

Verify the image is a JPG (MusicLobby will not display any other type ie .bmp)

Verify the image is 72 dpi (scanned cover art may be set at a higher dpi)

Make sure the JPG is non-progressive (Download LView Pro for batch converting)

JPG files should not be embedded within the MP3 tag

Make sure that ports 7000 and port 8123 are open on all firewalls and routers.

Within MediaCenter, go to the Playing Now view and add the column to display coverart path. This will show you what coverart MediaCenter is using. With this knowledge you can troubleshoot specific coverart issues that are impacting MusicLobby (like an embedded image, a wrong file type, a corrupt file etc).

Posted by ghadlock:

"Force" JRiver to reference the external image files so that they'd feed over to MusicLobby, even though all of the mp3 files had embedded cover art:

From feedback received in the J River forum, it turns out that this is possible by following these steps:

You can disable tag writing before adding linked cover art. The embedded images will stay intact.

1. Tools > Options > General > Update tags when file info changes (untick)
2. Right-click > Cover art > Remove Cover art
3. Right-click > Cover art > Quick Find...
4. Tools > Options > General > Update tags when file info changes (tick)

This will update the image file in J River to the external image lcoation, and still leave the embedded images intact. "

From the wiki link provided earlier.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I dont know if this is right, but i have many many albums that wont auto find coverart, not sure why. Anyhoot, I have cover art file in my music folder where my actual music resides:

my music\coverart

music files are in: my music\music collection

so when i find, manually, coverart I save it in that file. Then in jriver i go to cover art, add from file. Not sure if thats right not but seems to work ACCEPT when i have to reimport for whatever reason. Jriver is screwy IMO. Seems like since the last jriver upgrade , the way jriver searches for coverart sucks.

As far as any burnt bridges, I think you are already MARKED, lol. What does marked mean? Look it up in wiki? lol

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:29 am

DavidL wrote:"Cover Art isn't displaying within MusicLobby

Verify image shows up in Media Center

Make sure you have a socket connection and that Media Center is loaded before MusicLobby (You should see some text above/below cover are display area)

Verify the image is a JPG (MusicLobby will not display any other type ie .bmp)

Verify the image is 72 dpi (scanned cover art may be set at a higher dpi)

Make sure the JPG is non-progressive (Download LView Pro for batch converting)

JPG files should not be embedded within the MP3 tag

Make sure that ports 7000 and port 8123 are open on all firewalls and routers.

Within MediaCenter, go to the Playing Now view and add the column to display coverart path. This will show you what coverart MediaCenter is using. With this knowledge you can troubleshoot specific coverart issues that are impacting MusicLobby (like an embedded image, a wrong file type, a corrupt file etc).

Posted by ghadlock:

"Force" JRiver to reference the external image files so that they'd feed over to MusicLobby, even though all of the mp3 files had embedded cover art:

From feedback received in the J River forum, it turns out that this is possible by following these steps:

You can disable tag writing before adding linked cover art. The embedded images will stay intact.

1. Tools > Options > General > Update tags when file info changes (untick)
2. Right-click > Cover art > Remove Cover art
3. Right-click > Cover art > Quick Find...
4. Tools > Options > General > Update tags when file info changes (tick)

This will update the image file in J River to the external image lcoation, and still leave the embedded images intact. "

From the wiki link provided earlier.

Thanks for the cut and paste, but I have already read this and complied with each step except for ghadlock's addition which was unnecessary, my coverart directory is properly done and no images are attached to the tags as it is supposed to be. Its been fine for years, never had any problem with the coverart in MUL when it shows up properly in MC until now, but I’m sure you don’t see that as any problem, I’m probably just using the programs wrong or something.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”