How do I load more than one zone?

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

How do I load more than one zone?

Postby simonmason » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:29 am

I have five buttons on my main menu representing each channel on my media controller. I want to call Music Lobby for each of these buttons, but have it default to a different zone for each. With only one ini file it appears I can only set it to one zone? Is there a way to pass the zone information to the application? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:25 am

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:15 am

The word "zones" can be a bit nebulus when working with whole-house audio. There's mediacenter zones and listening zones and switcher/amp zones. But if you're talking about changing mediacenter zones here's what I use...

MLMediaCenter|servername~any_mczone_name or any_mczone_number~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~targeted_mczone_name

For example, say my server name is mediahtpc and my any_mczone_name is kitchen and my targeted_mczone_name is MasterBedroom then

MLMediaCenter|mediahtpc~kitchen~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~MasterBedroom

This gives me control of my JRMC zone called MasterBedroom. By adding whatever commands necessary to switch source/zone in your media controller you should be able to play and control any jrmc zone in any listening zone or room.

Should work. Works for me. Hope it helps.

Rick

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:17 am

OK, I tried this but something isn't working.

I created a cyclestates called MediaZones

I made the entries:

1 Zone1 SetVariable|mlmediacenter_mulclient_{{clientname}}_selzone~{{mlmediacenter_media_zonename1}}
2 Zone2 SetVariable|mlmediacenter_mulclient_{{clientname}}_selzone~{{mlmediacenter_media_zonename2}}

and so on. media is the name of my J. River server.

I send the command MLServeCmd.MLCycleStates|Set~MediaZones~1 from MainLobby.

I check the variable mlmediacenter_mulclient_myclient1_selzone and it is blank.

If I load the MusicLobby setup screen and configure and save it manually this variable updates correctly to display the zone name.

I am still learning how to program in MainLobby so I am sure I have done something wrong with the syntax - so any help is appreciated.
Simon D. S. Mason

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:59 am

It is in the wiki faq for music lobby and in the thread about 4 or 5 down called custom zone control.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks, I did read all of the wiki. I am setting selzone correctly and it is now displaying the zone. But when I load up MusicLobby.mls it defaults to the last zone connected to. I see now that there is a second command that issues a connect - I tried this and got nothing.

Then further down in the advanced commands I see the following:

To change a client to a different zone:

MLServeCMD.MLMediaCenter|server~anyzonehere~ClientSetZone~clientname~zonename or zonenumber

Server must be a server that is currently registered with MLMediaCenter

anyzonehere is any zone

This would appear to conflict with the example given further up?

I tried this and had no luck either. Also, what does "anyzonehere is any zone mean"? The zone I am currently on, the zone I want to switch to?

I have spent a long time trying to figure this out. Switching zones shouldn't be this difficult. Can anyone help me through my stupidity and give me a step by step walk through of this so I can get on with it!! Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Upon loading musiclibrary.mls, musiclobby.swf will connect to its default zone. This is controlled via the ini files setting which can be accessed in the setup application.

Depending on how you are loading musiclobby.swf, setting selzone will cause zones to switch if loaded as a jpgloader, if you are loading musiclobby.swf as a background fx you need to tell the server to connect to the new zone. The second command in my example.

This only works with the scene and swf loaded. You need to set the zone on the page then connect to it.

MLCmd|{{clientname}}~MLMusicLobby|connectTo~media~7000~{{mlmediacenter_mulclient_{{clientname}}_selzone}}

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:00 pm

I am using the default musiclobby.mls provided. I see that musiclobby.swf is being called through the JPGLoader. If I understand you correctly, I should be issuing the selzone command once it is loaded? Where do I do this? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:19 am

Just out of curiosity I was checking out the plugin configuration screen in J. River. I notice in the Update Triggers section one of the zones is not displaying correctly? I not sure it is related to my issue - I think this has more to do with me still learning how to program in Cinemar! But I thought I would mention it just in case.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:22 am

Bump!

kgudge - My Main Lobby programming ability is curently about one level or so below your instructions, so I am going round in circles trying to solve this. If you are willing to spend a little more time I am sure I can solve this? I am using the 0019 screens and Music Lobby appears to be loaded as a jpgloader. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Anyone want to take a stab at explaining how to do this? I have read and reread the wiki but I can't figure this out? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:49 am

Here is what I do.

My JMRC server = HTPC
My zones are Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, Patio (I use zone names in JMRC zone manager not zone numbers)

I have four buttons on my MusicLobby scene for changing zones to control and their commands are:

1. MLMediaCenter|{{MedGalServer}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~{{Room01}}

2. MLMediaCenter|{{MedGalServer}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~{{Room02}}

3. MLMediaCenter|{{MedGalServer}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~{{Room03}}

4. MLMediaCenter|{{MedGalServer}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~{{Room04}}

{{MedGalServer}} = HTPC
{{Room01}} = Living Room
{{Room02}} = Kitchen
{{Room03}} = Bedroom
{{Room04}} = Patio

My Musiclobby default zone is set to Living Room when it loads always. Once it loads I can use the four zone buttons to change the zone to control. This can work on any client.

Keep in mind that every time the Music Lobby swf loads it changes back to the default zone

Hope this helps.
J.J. Jukebox

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm

I tried adding a button to the page with musiclobby.swf on it and put the following command on that button.

MLServeCmd.MLMediaCenter|{{MEDIA}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{Desktop}}~{{CHA4 - SIMON}}

MEDIA is the name of my media server. "CHA4 - SIMON" is the name of one of one of the zones. I have set up Music Lobby to connect to "CHA2 - AMY" as the default through the options button. Pushing this button does not switch the zone - do I have something incorrect in my syntax?

Also, I think I may be creating problems through my implementation. I am trying to select the zone before I load the page with the Music Lobby object on it. I have a series of zone buttons down the side. Each one calls the same page with the musiclobby.swf on it. I am trying to switch the zones in the MLServeCMD field on the button that calls the page. However, as has been noted the ini settings determine the startup state of the musiclobby.swf. So, I could put buttons on the page that is loaded, but that is not very friendly because the user has already selected the zone. Is there a way to embed a button that triggers automatically after musiclobby.swf has loaded?
Simon D. S. Mason

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:21 pm

For kicks, I would simplify the name of CHA4 - SIMON to CHA4SIMON
Just in case the minus or the spaces are messing with something.

You can put a MServeCmd in a scene startup (see Options / Startup in MainLobby 3 client)

You can have multiple content folders - one per workstation. Each can have a unique musiclobby.ini that sets up a particular zone as that clients starting zone. You would setup the default content folder and home page in mainlobby.ini (for three - mainlobby1.ini - mainlobby3.ini) and launch MLServer.exe mainlobby3.ini to launch the third client folder.

The MusicLobby.swf referenced by a scene AND it's per client configured musiclobby.ini would be in the APPS directory within that clients content folder.

So:
c:\program files\cinemar\content\client1\Apps\musiclobby.ini
c:\program files\cinemar\content\client2\Apps\musiclobby.ini
c:\program files\cinemar\content\client3\Apps\musiclobby.ini

The third client launched with:
c:\program files\cinemar\mainlobby.exe mainlobby3.ini

as example.

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm

At first glance your
MLServeCmd.MLMediaCenter|{{MEDIA}}~ ~ClientSetZone~{{Desktop}}~{{CHA4 - SIMON}}

should likely be:

MLServeCmd.MLMediaCenter|MEDIA~ ~ClientSetZone~{{clientname}}~CHA4 - SIMON

as the command will be looking for values of variables contained within the {{ }}

Try that.
J.J. Jukebox

Return to “MusicLobby 3”