Finger touch interface for Musiclobby?

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
windrockwater

Finger touch interface for Musiclobby?

Postby windrockwater » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Has anyone been able to get a Musiclobbby interface working at a resolution at or close to 800x480 (Q1)?

The buttons are so small that i cannot get it to work without using a stylus which kinda stinks. If i scale up the musiclobby button to make it more finger-friendly, than the button doesn't fit on the screen.

Am i missing something obvious or is this a fairly huge design limitation of musiclobby that makes me regret purchasing it? I have been able to get Dvd lobby and Insteon screens working at a finger friendly size but no music interface yet...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Have you sized the musiclobby.swf to full screen?

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 am

Yes i did size it. Basically now i am just trying to scale the music lobby button to fill as much of the scene as possible. Even if i have no overlays and scale the button to fill the screen, the buttons are still too small. And the proportion of the button doesnt fit the width of the screen well. Its sort of like a watching a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:02 pm

A "MusicLobby4" is required to get to customized UI that can be morphed dependent on device size and screen design. Not a small amount of work. Similar to what we have recently done with DVDLobby 3.75.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Agreed a system like the current DVDLobby setup, but for music lobby would be fantastic. So much more flexible than the swf's.

However the SWF's are great for instant gratification of getting something up and running relatively quickly.

As a quick fix a widescreen version of both dvdlobby.swf and musiclobby.swf would make a lot of users very happy, increase sales of Nokia tablets and UMPCs as well. Perhaps one of them will sponsor the work?

;-)

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:22 pm

So i see three main uses for ML:

1) Dvd/movie control: I have this working and love it. Very customizable. Nice.

2) Lighting: (insteon for me) control. I am getting this working and it seems very customizable and seems to work pretty well. Nice.

3) Music: The music lobby interface is un-customizable. I have been using JRMC for many years and LOVE it. Pretty please make a customizable JRMC interface....

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm

So is anyone out there using Musiclobby on a Samsung Q1 or similar resolution device for touchscreen use?

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:11 am

windrockwater wrote:So is anyone out there using Musiclobby on a Samsung Q1 or similar resolution device for touchscreen use?

Yes we do but it is not finger friendly. To get around some of the issues we have large custom "Play, Pause, etc etc" buttons. The iTunes plugin looks like where the JRiver plugin will go to but we have to wait. Only so many hours in the day unfortunatley...right Mario? :wink:

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:37 am

I have another general question than about ML. If you had to pick one primary majority user use for ML what would it be? Dvdlobby?

I would think it could be a toss up between music and movie control. ML seems to be sooooo customizable and plugin-crazy. But wouldn't a great music interface be THE most important anchor for the whole ML? I mean no offense here but am just wondering.

I want to install a wall mount panel in my kitchen that my wife could use but without a working music interface thats touch friendly, i am only using it for a portable Q1 and will keep my Sonos controller.

So my goal of one remote to rule them all is still a little out of reach. I still use an X10 remote for insteon lighting (but am switching over to the IRlink when i get around to it), a Universal Remote, a sonos controller and the Q1 for dvdlobby and hopefully lighting soon.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 am

DVDLobby 3.75 is one of Cinemar's best selling add ons. MusicLobby is also very popular. WeatherLobby is one of the key kitchen favorites. CallerID second to that for the kitchen.

The "plugin crazy" is due to the fact that there is a wide variety of good hardware out there, that was built in their own little vacuum of user experience and technical connectivity. MainLobby Server plugins are there to bridge this gap to provide a customer experience tailered for the particular customer, not one that each independent hardware manufacturer thinks up (and requires the user to comply with).

From a value perspective, look at lighting and then security integration. Lighting automation is used every day. Security integration is a peace of mind and of more critical when you need it.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”