"couldn’t find nor create the Music Lobby Server plugin

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

"couldn’t find nor create the Music Lobby Server plugin"

Postby kingdaddy » Sun May 18, 2008 11:25 am

For what ever reason when I booted up this morning J Rivers MC 11 said it couldn’t find nor create the Music Lobby Server plugin. What could happen to cause that, it was working just fine the night before.

Do I need to reinstall Music Lobby again? The Media Center plugin is present and loaded in the ML server so it doesn’t seem like reinstalling music lobby would do any good. Is this strictly a J Rivers MC 11 issue?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun May 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Your problem most likely is an incorrect registry setting for Jriver. Look in the registry HKLM\Software\J. River\Media Center 11\Plugins\Interface

Do you have a MusicLobby server registry entry? If so look in the key at the Path. Is the path to the ocx file correct?

The latest version of Musiclobby assumes you are using J.River 12.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Sun May 18, 2008 12:27 pm

3.00.147 is the version of Music Lobby I have, is using MC 11 going to be a problem with this?

I found J Rivers 11 under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE / SOFTWARE, but I don’t know which entry to look at, none seem to have a path.

I ran a regedit search for *.ocx and only found a few entries, none of which had anything to do with J Rivers or Cinemar.

kingdaddy
Expert
Expert

Postby kingdaddy » Mon May 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Would it help to manually register the .dll and .ocx files, if so what directory do they belong in?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Upgrade to JRiver 12 and install the latest MusicLobby plugin and all will work. Else you will have to manually edit the JRiver registry settings since JRiver looks to the registry to find its plugins. The .ocx file needs to be registered but that is done automatically when it is installed. The problem lies in the JRiver registry.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:48 pm

With my second new install of os in a week, my JRiver doesnt show the plugin.

I have all the newest installs of JR, musiclobby etc. This happened last week with my new install and I figured it out, but now Im brainfarting. My understanding is it should work with all the new installs.

i searched wiki and the forums. i dont see how to get the plugin to show in Jriver.

In mls it all says its fine.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 pm

In MediaCenter, there is the "Plugin Manager". Open that and look for the MusicLobbyServer plugin. There may be a Show / Hide plugin choice.

Use the latest MusicLobbyServer in the BETA section of the MLInstaller downloads. This is new and fixes a bug with coverart web pages.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 pm

David, thanks for the replying. I've looked at the plugin manager as well as the "Services & Plugins" menu and no musiclobby.

i will use the beta. now, do i need to uninstall the existing first like we had to before using the server beta?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 pm

You shouldn't need to uninstall the musiclobbyserver.ocx - IF you installed it in the default location (HIGHLY recommended for all settings).

Did you download the beta MusicLobby_O file from MLInstaller? Did you run it on the J river PC?

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:56 pm

The plugin only showed up after i installed the BETA. Plugin works.

Getting error code in Jriver:
Error code: 10035--Socket is non-blocking and the specified operation will block 0' rasied by mjServer

That might have something to do with no info showing in ml below?

my nav mls works fine: i can pause, stop, volume etc. Nothing shows in playing now, tile, artist, etx.

I am in a 0019_mediamusiclibray.mls

Remotefx: 0019_nav_media_fullscreen.mls
overlay: Apps\musiclobby

Zone 1 is the only zone.
7000 is port on Jriver and ml.
musiclobbyy.ini is in same folder as musiclobby. swf:

C:\Program Files\cinemar\content\ranger1\0019\1024x768\apps Thats the right location?

Wiki says this: Make sure that ports 7000 and port 8123 are open on all firewalls and routers. I assume 7000 is or my nav mls wouldnt work. I dont know how to check 8123 actually.

I am doing my best to not come to the forum. SOme or tired of seenig my posts im sure, LOL.

Wanting to get everything back up and running so i can focus on HAI agent.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Let me remote back in

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:06 pm

pm sent.

You must NEVER leave Cinemar, got it? LOL

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:35 pm

As usual, CinemarDave figured out my issue. When I reinstalled Jriver it installed a TV connection that created a bad network connection of which Musiclobby tried to use. Thus, less info coming into musiclobby. I i recall correctly. :)

Thanks Dave once again.

Return to “MusicLobby 3”