musiclobby size is small

View and post comments regarding MusicLobby 3 product here.
windrockwater

musiclobby size is small

Postby windrockwater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

I am trying to get the 800x480 sample 0019 working entirely before i go too much further. I have two questions. When i click on Music (under media), it loads that overlay fine and connects to Jriver but the actual musiclobby interface is very small (maybe 1/2 size) within the 800x480? For some reason it is not filling the stage?

My other question is why do my DVD covers all only each fill about 2/3 of their cells (in the 12 cover grid?

These two features seem very undersized on the 800x480 skin compared to everything else that seems fine? By the way they look fine on the 1024x768 sample.

Any ideas?

Sean

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 pm

You can always make the musiclobby.swf larger. If MusicLobby.swf is in a "button", you can scale up that button. If it is in an Overlay, you can scale that overlay.

antem

Postby antem » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm

I'll add to this - I'm using mainlobby at 1024 x 768 (my laptop is 1440x900). When I launch musiclobby, it is too small (in a button). When I edit the button and hit OK (scaling default still at 70%) the musiclobby scales to match the background scene. I can save the scene after the "OK", it looks great, go to the home scene and when I go back - musiclobby is small again.

Any ideas? Thanks - Nate

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Make sure you are saving to the directory that you mean to save it to. Use Save As to be sure. Make sure it is in the correct, current, content folder.

antem

Postby antem » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Tried that twice (with my musiclobby scene and the 0019) - they both go back to the small size after a save. I think I mentioned before - when I edit the button, I don't have to change any setting (scale is at 70) - when I hit OK, it sizes perfectly to the window. Any other ideas?

Thanks - Nate

19rookie83

Postby 19rookie83 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:04 pm

I ran into a similar problem and found that if I changed the display size in the Options menu under Mainlobby then both MuL and DVDLobby both got really small on me. You might try playing with the scale settings and resolution settings to see what impact they have on MuL and DVDLobby size.

Sorry I can't be of more help as I only found a way to keep them from ending up small but never found a way to size up all of my scene files for certain clients

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Musiclobby sizing is a very mysterious issue that has been around for YEARS (basically because there hasn't ever been a significant update since it was written). I have various monitor sizes and it's a real pain making updates on one computer and then copying that scene to other computers, because the MUL size is always messed up. I've always hated the layout and buttons on MUL so I've tried to compensate by strategically placing black jpg's over the stuff I didn't want, but the sizing issue has made this impossible to sync with the image.

I have a 1280x960 desktop and I've made a 1174x760 "window" of ML and everything looks fine. However, when I try to copy the MUL scene to my 800x600 Fujitsu tablet, the swf is about 50% too small. I've tried to put it into a button instead of on the scene and resizing the button does nothing until I get to about 180% then it's obviously way too big. I've lived with this idiotic display for a couple of years now and I've been away from the ML forums. I came back thinking that surely some great improvements have been made while I've been away, but it looks like not.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Wysocki,

We've posted an update today to MainLobby which also includes an updated MusicLobby that removes all auto-scaling.

You'll want to install it into a different folder (besides Cinemar) and then just copy the file over to your current location.

See these release notes:
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... ease_11.5D

You should put the MusicLobby.swf into the backgroundFX layer and then adjust x/y/scaling from there.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 pm

THANK YOU!!!
I guess I did pick a good time to come back to ML - that fixed the Musiclobby scaling problem allright. Now if we could get the same to happen to XMlobby... :wink:

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:53 am

I'm still waiting on pins and needles for the total revamp of ML...Mario, want to tease us with a "will be released soon"? :D

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:04 am

Wysocki wrote:THANK YOU!!!
I guess I did pick a good time to come back to ML - that fixed the Musiclobby scaling problem allright. Now if we could get the same to happen to XMlobby... :wink:

Wysocki,

You're very welcome. I'm pretty sure the XMLobby that ships with MainLobby (Content\0019\1024x768\Apps\xmlobby.swf) does not perform any autoscaling. The file we ship is dated: 11/30/2007 - you might confirm you have the same file.

mnkynifefite,
You know it's not good to tease. :)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MusicLobby 3”