Postby arnis@nyherji.is » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:28 am

Hi

can you give us a status update on the plugin, as I am exited to try this

Cheers
Arni

ha_kiwi

CBUS Plugin

Postby ha_kiwi » Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 am

Is anything happening on the CBUS plugin front ??

ipsgroup

Postby ipsgroup » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:16 am

I sent a private e-mail to Chris (phcjpp) who was working on the CBUS plugin to ask about the status of the project.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 22 August 2007 18:51
To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Cinemar Forum - CBUS Interface

I noticed that you were working on a CBUS plugin for Main Lobby but
haven't logged into the Cinemar Forums since Aug 31, 2006. Have you
abandoned the project?

Unfortunately, he replied back to me last night that he has abandoned it.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am

There might be a way for someone to develop a CBUS interface using MLGenericDevice. Someone is doing a Compose driver now.

ipsgroup

Postby ipsgroup » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:39 am

I'm just a newbie but phcjpp's screen shots appear to show that he made telnet connections to C-Gate's command, status, event and configuratin ports and then parsed the various data streams. That seems to be the right approach -- letting C-Gate do a lot of the heavy lifting.

His approach would allow the plugin to save the configuration and status in a database (perhaps using MLDatabase) and totally avoid polling, as phcjpp indicates.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

yes, PHCJPP did stop working on it probably out of time constraints. My recollection is that he was good enough to send me his source code where he left off. But, that does not a finished plugin make.

As a courtesy, let's respect PHCJPP's time, and not send any more emails asking same.

couj

Postby couj » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Smoothtlk

Having received PHCJPP's partly completed CBUS code, is finishing the CBUS pluggin something on Cinemar's radar for the next few months?

dwarfer

Postby dwarfer » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:01 pm

I am intrested in a plugin but as I also use Homeseer which already communicates with Mainlobby there is a hardware based C-BUS to XAP plugin which aparently gives Homeseer full control and hence Mainlobby. Untill a direct Mainlobby plugin is available its one option.

couj

Postby couj » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Thanks for the tip dwarfer.

CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi,

I am an official C-Bus developer with full protocol detail and the designer of the hardware embedded controller that bridges between C-Bus and xAP. xAP is an Ethernet based open home automation protocol . The gateway includes an onboard hardware interface to C-Bus which I communicate with directly, not via C-Gate . There is a xAP plugin (in fact three !) for HomeSeer so this is a current, albeit roundabout solution for MainLobby.

At one stage I was going to write a xAP plugin for MainLobby but the general feedback from Cinemar was not encouraging. The advantage of an embedded controller is that it offloads the not inconsiderable C-Bus protocol management from the PC. Indeed xAP automation systems can operate PC less - no more crashes - although they benefit from nice front end systems like MainLobby.

So a question... the gateway is currently sold (at cost) around $300 - at that price would people be interested if indeed I did write a probably free xAP plugin for MainLobby ? Or would people prefer that I maybe wrote a direct MainLobby plugin for C-Bus (no hardware required) and charged for it ? .. and if so would they prefer it connected via TCP to a C-Gate server or that the C-Bus PCI RS232 interface be attached directly to Mainlobby ?

I'm not making any promises at the moment to do anything as I've got a lot of things on just at the moment - I'm just gauging interest. I'm guessing a plugin may be circa $100

Kevin

ha_kiwi

CBus

Postby ha_kiwi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 am

I for one am keen on any method of CBus control within MainLobby and possibly HomeSeer. I would be quite happy with a $100 plugin that uses the RS232 CBus Interface.

CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Doesn't look like enough interest . Maybe once Clipsal get their US presence rolling I'll revisit this.

Kevin

talaroon

Postby talaroon » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:37 am

I'm just starting out with ML but I have C-Bus lighting control throughout my house; a C-Bus plugin that communicates via their PC interface would be fantastic.

I anticipated having to fumlbe around with bidirectional RS232 but I'd be happy to pay for a plugin.

freak69

Postby freak69 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Got my vote for a $100 CBUS plugin

spage

Postby spage » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:06 pm

me too

Return to “CBUS”