CBUS Plugin under development

phcjpp

CBUS Plugin under development

Postby phcjpp » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 am

Hi All,

Just a quick post to say I am working on a MLServer plugin for CBUS. It will only be for MLServer 3 I am afraid as its all I have.

I will keep this forum up to date as I make progress but please bare with me - I have a full time job and 2 young kids!

Chris
Last edited by phcjpp on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

phcjpp

Postby phcjpp » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:13 am

Here is a photo of the current setup. As you can see its connected and has a few options for reconnect etc. You will see its loaded the default Project and opened the network.

You can send commands on the logging tab to turn on lights etc.

I am currently working on building a model of the CBUS network in memory so updates to on/off etc can be monitored / queried. I will also have the group names available and other tag data so I can populate ML with something nicer than group 12 !

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phcjpp

Postby phcjpp » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 am

And another of the logging screen. This is running at work :) so not connected to a CBUS network. Still it gives you the idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rahl

Postby rahl » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:42 pm

Looks great Chris. I'm looking forward to a beta release. :D

arnis@nyherji.is

Postby arnis@nyherji.is » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:10 am

This is great news, that there will be an cbus plugin avalible,

I have been using Both Cbus HomeGate and Mainlobby on the same touchScreen ( with suprising good results ) but native Main Lobby support would be so much better

any idea on when this might be ready ??

Keep up the good Work

regards
Arni V.

phcjpp

Postby phcjpp » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:49 am

Hi All,

Well its coming along albeit slowly. I now have the groups tab showing light levels. This is coming via a access mdb file for both groups and networks.

Final big bit to do is process status messages. This avoids the need for polling! I will even employ timers to get the ramping right.

Chris

phcjpp

Postby phcjpp » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:53 am

Reading my last post I would just add the access file is my choice. It makes binding to the flexgrids for groups and networks easy for data display thats all.

The little picture below shows the flexgrid bound to the networks table.

I would add this addin supports multiple projects, networks etc etc.

In the future there is no reason why it could not support more complex things like dlt labeling, even scenes from the plugin although those are probably better done in switches/pac controllers.

Chris

Return to “CBUS”