alternate technique to plugins

craig

alternate technique to plugins

Postby craig » Thu May 29, 2008 3:45 pm

I cobbled together a piece of shit to make mlserver talk to cbus a couple of years ago.

It is a program written in perl that listens for text sent from MainLobby via MLTCPSend and then relays appropriate commands on to the cbus network through a TCP port in cgate.

The same program listens on another cgate port to all the events that occur on the network. I recall I had to turn up the verboseness of the event logging. Events are relayed to MLServer by issueing HTTP get requests to MLServers HTTP port, up to 10 variables at a time.

I have used this technique to get MLServer/Mainlobby talking to PLCs on modbus, and other serial devices as back when I did this the serial plugin was broken. In fact it is probably the best way to interface MLServer with any device if you want 100% control and flexibility.

If you are interested in the CBUS perl program or the modbus perl program for getting data in and out of mlserver you can email me i'm at craig at nzenergy dot co dot nz.

Good luck

craig

also for data processing!

Postby craig » Thu May 29, 2008 3:48 pm

The other upside of using an external program was I could do more complex statements that would have taken ages to put together with mlmath and mlconditional.

Return to “CBUS”